Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny how WCCP actively avoids basketball discussion after loses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Funny how WCCP actively avoids basketball discussion after loses

Jan 19, 2022, 12:53 PM

Qualk and Kelly just spent a whole segment on non sports stuff. They briefly mentioned the game in segment 1 but mainly used it to poke fun at Boeheim having young sons.

They really do their best to avoid talking about Brownell’s job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yesterday, at the end of the show Qualk gave his opinion

Jan 19, 2022, 12:55 PM

and it wasn't positive. Likewise, Mickey gave his opinion of the program yesterday. Likewise, it was not complimentary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Yesterday, at the end of the show Qualk gave his opinion

Jan 19, 2022, 12:59 PM

It is tough job they have because they are the official station of Clemson Athletics.

Coaches call on the network and hosts can't be badmouthing them on the network.

I think their boss Ben Milstead is a big proponent on talking bad toward the coaching staffs.

Wel Ben travels with the team for the radio broadcasts

Jan 19, 2022, 1:00 PM

So I can understand him trying not to tear down the coaches.

That show is unbearable to begin with.***

Jan 19, 2022, 12:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny how WCCP actively avoids basketball discussion after loses

Jan 19, 2022, 1:00 PM

This morning Mickey did his entire 2nd segment on Clemson basketball and then later in the show had Terrence Oglesby on to talk basketball as well.

I think I only heard one caller mention basketball in response to either segment.

Clemson fans have gotten to the point of "either he is fired or nothing will change" so there isn't much to talk about.

I believe you will find that people on the radio and tv won't beat a dead horse unless part of their audience wants to defend the life of the horse.

Pretty much all fans and media members know the horse is dead.

There isn't much left to say.

Fair point

Jan 19, 2022, 1:02 PM

I guess the callers don’t have much to say about it. That’s why they tend to go to the endless transfer portal and NIL discussion well lately.

anything pertaining to football will always trump bball.....

Jan 19, 2022, 1:31 PM

it paints the picture when NIL/portal is more of a "hot topic" than a struggling bball team/program/coach. Clemson fans in general are casual bball fans that will follow if they're good, but not wasting time if they're bad.

I personally don't really care if our basketball team won another game............as long as we stay elite in football is all that matters.............since purnell left I've lost interest.

Jan 19, 2022, 1:01 PM

You also have to remember that Qualk and Kelly are the 3rd show of the day, so unless callers are pushing to continue talking about a topic then they are likely going to move onto other things.

By noon today it was no longer newsworthy to remind everyone about Clemson basketball's shortcomings.

Yeah but they are also the most “basketball people”

Jan 19, 2022, 1:03 PM

On the station. As they both call games. So I feel like they should certainly discuss it.

Re: Yeah but they are also the most “basketball people”

Jan 19, 2022, 1:32 PM

When I get to listen to their show they typically talk more basketball than I care to listen to since I am not a big basketball fan.

I guess that shows how truly dead the horse is if they are choosing other topics.

Jan 19, 2022, 1:03 PM

Would be a blessing if Tnet posters did the same given most are too emotional and/or irrational to make a decent argument

WCCP hosts are NOT going to give out their OWN opinions.....

Jan 19, 2022, 1:23 PM

if they don't align with WCCP regarding Clemson.

They will dodge any "tough" questions asked by callers and/or texters pertaining to coaches.

However, they are VERY QUICK to be critical about other program's coaches, hires, fires, etc....

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic