Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fundraising and NIL
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1100

Fundraising and NIL

Jun 13, 2024, 3:57 PM

Most fans I've spoken with know what NIL is in a very basic way but then if you mention collectives they get lost. To me it just goes to show what a poor job the collectives have done promoting themselves. There should be more fundraisers. There should be events this summer with bands and several bars. There should be pig pickings. There should be events where restaurants give part of the proceeds to the collective. It just seems like a lazy effort to me. Let's go! Let's enjoy the process.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fundraising and NIL

Jun 13, 2024, 4:00 PM

Agree with you and some say that 30-40% of the NIL deals are still cash under the table. Will be interesting to see the school's marketing plans for players.

Why would anyone pay a cent under the table now?

Jun 13, 2024, 6:24 PM

There is zero benefit to doing that for the sponsor or booster. It also means that any athletes that got under the table money found simply walk away with it, since there is no contract or limit on immediate transfers.

Re: Why would anyone pay a cent under the table now?

Jun 13, 2024, 7:34 PM

My thoughts exactly before I finished reading your post. It would take a really stupid person to hand a kid a sack of cash without some kind of a legal agreement made before he got a penny. Yep, with the way these athletes can walk in and out of the portal at will these days, it would take a very stupid person to hand a sack of cash over to any of them bc they could take the cash and step right back through the door of the portal with a huge grin on their face bc they're about to get paid twice, once by/from the idiot, and once from whoever they decide to play for...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2024, 9:01 PM

Seriously, pig picking? Collectives are about businesses and individuals donating major sums of money, not just a bunch of people drinking beer, listening to music and waiting on a pig to be ready to eat. Forget the collective, what time will the pig be ready?

Did you know that in WWI

Jun 13, 2024, 9:43 PM

We made deadly gas bombs from people like you??

Oink, oink, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could have a bake sale!

Jun 13, 2024, 10:19 PM

Seriously - I think with the kind of bucks needed for a collective - a pig picking’ wouldn’t make a dent…

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2024, 11:13 PM

Actually, not a bad idea if I'm reading your post correctly. You're not saying we're going to raise money from pig pickins or bake sales etc. But you generate enthusiasm and eyeballs for said product and businesses.

Most companies love a loyal customer base. Repeat customers etc. Our athletes are very active on social media always pushing products. But you've got to have the big sponsors. Hate to see it but I think we're going to see more papa John's basketball arena.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1100
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic