Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustration. Could this be why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Frustration. Could this be why?

Oct 24, 2021, 10:17 AM

In life I think our level of expectation is connected to our satisfaction. For instance if you go to say a Logan’s or Texas Roadhouse and order a Steak, you know it’s going to be pretty good but you’re not expecting a knock your socks off meal and you’ll probably use some A1 to make it work. But if you go to a upper level steak house such as Morton’s or Hall’s Chophouse, etc. you have a certain expectation based on the brand and the money you expend for the meal.

Is our frustration this year kinda like that? I am 44 years old so my experience was excitement if we beat the Likes of Maryland, Virginia Tech, or Georgia Tech in the 1990’s and 2000’s.

I knew we had little chance of beating FSU so I just hoped for a good game.

Dabo has raised the expectations sky high. Dabo has said that we are a Chop House or Morton’s and he has exceeded those expectations over his career. Now this season comes and he, not the fans said this was the best ever, the most talented. We had no reason to doubt him as DJ was amazing in his 2 starts last year.

We had no way to know that we would be gutted by injuries. No way to foresee that DJ would regress and that our receiving core would not be WRU anymore.

But Dabo said we are just a few plays away and we have been emotionally tied to that statement as contract or promise to fulfill.

This year there has been no BYOG or Best is yet to come, or any other ism’s.

I know a leader has to be positive but maybe a little toning down of this rhetoric and just be flat out honest that we are a Waffle House Sirloin Steak would be better. And that just getting Bowl Eligible is a win this year.

Just my opinion as a frustrated fan. It’s been a wonderful time but I’m excited to be able to actually afford to go to a BOWL GAME THIS YEAR ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure we're going to a bowl game?***

Oct 24, 2021, 10:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sure we're going to a bowl game?***

Oct 24, 2021, 1:21 PM

I’m hopeful

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frustration. Could this be why?

Oct 24, 2021, 6:21 PM

I like your analogy. It's one that most of us can relate to..

This is how I see it: we went from Ruth Chris to Golden Corral in one season. How did that happen? With no Texas Roadhouse on between. It's the drastic change in quality that is so frustrating. We're not just a little off. We are far off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic