Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From where should we get a women's lacrosse coach?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

From where should we get a women's lacrosse coach?

Jun 22, 2021, 2:08 AM

I suggest trying to get the recently retired coach from Syracuse. As for a women's gymnastic program, I could care less.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much less could you care?

Jun 22, 2021, 9:21 AM

It would be easy to just move the entire Club Lacrosse program up. They are a national power on the club circuit so why look outside?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Because there is a huge difference between the skill level

Jun 22, 2021, 10:49 AM

of club lacrosse and that found in D1, ACC lacrosse.

I would hope that the ladies currently playing Clemson club lacrosse will have a chance to tryout for the new team, but I would be surprised if many (if any at all) make it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Raise your hand if you've seen a club lacrosse game***

Jun 22, 2021, 12:48 PM

Re: From where should we get a women's lacrosse coach?

Jun 22, 2021, 9:23 AM

I don't get caring about lacrosse and not gymnastics because gymnastics is the much better known sport but to each his own. Lacrosse coach should come from another ACC school or Maryland because they are typically the dominant programs. Georgia has been a powerhouse gymnastics school for decades and would be a good place to start.

Nice to know that you could care less!! I couldn't!!***

Jun 22, 2021, 10:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being in the ACC, we should be able to get a good coach.

Jun 22, 2021, 10:52 AM

Being able to start a program from scratch should be attractive to plenty of coaches.

My desire is to hire someone who has been a head coach. Knowing how to lead a program will be crucial in the startup stage. We don't want an assistant who has never run a program trying to get ours off the ground.

There are a lot of good lacrosse schools in the mid-Atlantic and northeast. Pluck someone who has had tremendous success at the D-II or D-III level as a head coach, or perhaps even at a D-1 program.

Clemson can be really good at lacrosse. We have nice facilities, play in a great conference, and already have lots of students from areas where lacrosse is big.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think we should hire Mike Ditka***

Jun 22, 2021, 12:53 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic