Topic: Found a football schedule poster from 1979 today. OOC the
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 7, 2021, 11:24 PM by: walkertiger
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Found a football schedule poster from 1979 today. OOC the

[2]
Posted: May 7, 2021, 7:48 PM

tigers played Georgia, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, South Carolina and Furman. Pretty good OOC schedule back then. Of course there were only 6 conference games with Maryland, UVA, UNC, NCSU, Wake and Duke that allowed for a more flexible schedule each year.

link

Re: Found a football schedule poster from 1979 today. OOC the

Posted: May 7, 2021, 9:19 PM

Great team and led by many stars from SC, GA and NC especially Steve Fuller and Jerry Butler and an awesome OL.

link

[1]
Posted: May 7, 2021, 9:53 PM

Wasn't that Danny's first year as Head Coach... after the Woody Hayes beat-down in the Gator Bowl? As an old man I loose a simple track of time, but time can't change me....

Go Tigers!!!

link

Posted: May 7, 2021, 10:06 PM

Yep. Pretty cool when you go back and look at their rosters and realize the stud talent we were playing against on those teams. Great times. Just out of college, had no clue about the world. Just partying and sports, golf every day, drink all night with my Tiger bandanna.

link

[1]
Posted: May 7, 2021, 11:24 PM

Billy Lott was our QB. Many expected a rough year for our Tigers in 79. Fuller and Butler were gone, many starters from that 11-1, 78 team. Lost to Baylor in the Peach Bowl... it was cold as a well diggers rump!

link

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1456 people have read this post