Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who watched the game yesterday..Did we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

For those of you who watched the game yesterday..Did we

Feb 5, 2023, 7:34 AM

get in our home run trot as soon as we shot thet ball? I would estmate that in a regular game, we give up three or four opportunities for an offensive rebound by the shooter AND OTHERS bailing as soon as the ball goes up..In football, I guess it would be like the backside linebacker just quitting on the play as soon as it went away from him...But you know, sometimes the runner cuts it back....How many times do you see one of your players vacate a spot and the dadgum rebound bounces right to where he was...In a 4 point game it only takes two of those rebounds to change the outcome...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are a poor rebounding team, and that rebounding

Feb 5, 2023, 7:41 AM

disparity certainly had a lot to do with that loss.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are a poor rebounding team, and that rebounding

Feb 5, 2023, 9:34 AM

we seem to think throwing up a quick one with no one in position to reboud is in some way helpful. Seldom if ever follow a shot. I am also amazed how few 50 50 balls we get to versus opponents. we ought to call them 20 80

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you who watched the game yesterday..Did we

Feb 5, 2023, 8:53 AM

FOLLOW YOUR SHOT! FOLLOW YOUR SHOT! How many times did you hear that as a youth basketball player? Basic fundamental basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, you know know best where it is likely going to go if…

Feb 5, 2023, 9:06 AM

You miss! And if you so miss, make up for it by getting the dang rebound! Good grief! It wouldn’t do for me to be the coach or a teammate in those situations. I’d lose by ever lovin mind!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team certainly doesn't appear to be aggressive on

Feb 5, 2023, 9:16 AM

the boards at either end. They have the long bodies and IQ to be good rebounders, but aren't showing the will to go get em. Maybe they're gassed, but would love to see a little more ummph.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2023, 9:21 AM

the thinking here was Brownell was not going to give up any easy shots in transition and force them to play our half-court defense., the problem is we shot very poorly and that is why we lost.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2023, 6:37 PM

We were down by 8 to 12 most of the second half.

The 4 point loss was after a small comeback.

The team has never rebounded well.

I guess they are trading rebounds for setting the half court defense, but when you shoot poorly it hurts twice as much.

Miami is a good transition team but we also took a lot of shots where there was no one to rebound.

and not sure why we gave up so many offensive rebounds to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic