Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For my 10,000th Tigernet post I would like to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

For my 10,000th Tigernet post I would like to

May 18, 2021, 10:44 AM

announce that after over a year of Vietnam stories I think I am done with those. And I would like to give thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to respond in a positive manner to all of those posts and also thank those who ignored them without giving me the thumbs down. I don't recall getting a single TD on any of them and I appreciate the patience of those who didn't think they belonged on a sports board. I spent less than a year over there and have posted stories for well over a year so it is time to get back to sports and other topics. GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you again for your service to our country.

May 18, 2021, 10:46 AM

God bless you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thank you again for your service to our country.

May 18, 2021, 10:48 AM

Thank you for your loyalty to our basketball program and school despite all the grief others choose to give you.

Message was edited by: clover65®

It’s a sad day in Skeeta’s household . . .

May 18, 2021, 10:48 AM

as he surely enjoyed your reminiscing . . .

Thank You for Sharing!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes you just run out of

May 18, 2021, 10:52 AM

stories that you are brave enough to share - I once posted that if I post some things, someone would go to jail ( not me of course - but I wouldn't want to testify).

Thanks for taking the time to share those experiences with

May 18, 2021, 11:55 AM

us. I will miss those posts. God bless and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Re: For my 10,000th Tigernet post I would like to

May 18, 2021, 12:13 PM

:(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought 5h8s was going to be one last story about pulling

May 18, 2021, 1:11 PM

A cobra out of your Dungaress while out in the field!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought 5h8s was going to be one last story about pulling

May 18, 2021, 8:48 PM

I think Clover does that several times a day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute guys - did I just TU that???***

May 18, 2021, 8:50 PM

May 18, 2021, 1:34 PM

First, thank you for your service. I'm sure you have many more stories stored in that memory bank that need to be told. The son of a close friend served in Vietnam and developed cancer due to the defoliants. He suffered for about six years but always had a positive attitude.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2021, 8:30 PM

It was your stories that gave me the push to tell mine. You inspire many folks on here.

May 18, 2021, 2:02 PM

They were a pleasure reading. Especially for someone who wasn’t born yet to hear a read first hand stories of how real Patriots served this great country.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have our permission to slip in a story any time

May 18, 2021, 3:02 PM

My uncle was stationed at Da Nang airfield as a perimeter guard. He would send me pictures about once a month. I still have all of them. When I read your stories, I can see those black and white photos.

thanks for your service!
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have our permission to slip in a story any time

May 18, 2021, 8:42 PM

^^^Thank You again for your stories and your service. I have enjoyed reading each one.

May 18, 2021, 11:38 PM

I'm really going to miss these stories. Thank you for posting them and thank you for your service to this great country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2021, 12:08 AM

Your posts brought back a lot of memories for me and prompted me to post things I ordinarily would not have thought of. There are a lot of former GIs and Marines that tell stories about their tours there that I know are not factual. I can always tell which ones are real and there was never any question that all of yours rang true. Don't be shy about continuing to post if something pops back up that you want to share. Thanks!

May 19, 2021, 12:44 AM

I will miss them. If you have a book I would really like to buy one or buy a copy of your Vietnam stories. I want to say thank you so much for your service to our country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing your stories.

May 19, 2021, 4:57 AM

But most of all, thank you for your service!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thank you for your stores AND your posts....but...

May 19, 2021, 11:36 AM

I've conflicted... should I give you a TD NOW? I mean... no more stories??? :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

You're really hurting the manuscript I was writing.

May 19, 2021, 3:08 PM

I need material for a season 3 pitch!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

What is that manuscript like and could you give a

May 19, 2021, 3:21 PM

TU ? Real close to the 50 needed for Hall of Fame post - yes I am willing to beg - don't get this close too often.

May 19, 2021, 3:17 PM

From one Vietnam Vet to another: Thanks for sharing. Brought back many memories of the long days and nights I spent in Country (Vietnam) wishing I was back in the low country (SC) walking on the beach.

May 20, 2021, 1:52 PM

Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce? What part of the country did you serve in? What unit(s) were you in?

Thanks for your service!! Let's get this hero to 50!

May 19, 2021, 3:50 PM

NM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

Thank you sir for your service..***

May 19, 2021, 4:19 PM

I enjoyed all of your Vietnam posts, and the pics as well...

May 19, 2021, 5:26 PM

Vietnam was not just a history lesson or documentary to folks my age (64). It was real, we watched it on the news every night, and knew people who served, and some who didn't return. So I'll say again... thanks for your service, and I will always be grateful that men like you stepped up when it was your turn. Just like my dad and uncles did in WW2. I hold you in high regard, my friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

May 19, 2021, 10:38 PM

You sir are a national treasure

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic