Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First B-ball game I’ve made this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,818

First B-ball game I’ve made this year

Jan 15, 2022, 10:32 PM

and talk about the tale of two halves. From my viewpoint, we came out and were hitting on all cylinders. They were sharp while having fun. BC was scrappy and didn’t miss much down there stretch. They kept fighting and got the benefit of some awful officiating. We came out cold in the second half and started to looked gassed. Especially PJ. The kid guarding him was all over him like flies on… basically took him out of the game on offense. We slashed well and transitioned O ok, but our energy wasn’t enough. Not nearly enough.

We shouldn’t have lost that game and I will leave my frustration at that.

Our last play was desperate just like it appeared on TV. Idk what we were trying to do, but that wasn’t it.

I feel like we just don’t have the players/depth and size we need to be more competitive. Up close, we were just no effective in the paint and we didn’t attempt many threes in the second. Of course, the few attempts were mostly missed.

I’m freaking frustrated!!!! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First B-ball game I’ve made this year

Jan 15, 2022, 10:34 PM

Give Brad 12 more years and he will get his program in place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can talk about Brad,

Jan 15, 2022, 10:37 PM

but I’m specifically talking about this team tonight.

The kids didn’t play poorly, just not the defense I’m used to seeing…

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense has been bad all season...

Jan 15, 2022, 10:39 PM

Just turable...

Re: We can talk about Brad,

Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 PM [ in reply to We can talk about Brad, ]

How many time have we seen that lost confused play end games for us recently ? Happens way too much where we don’t even get a clean shot and sometimes a shot at all… that falls directly on Brad

Here’s the thing on that though.

Jan 15, 2022, 10:44 PM

Every play coming out of a dead ball where we were on offense ended with points except that one. So he coaches them into points off the other dead balls, but not at the end of the game/s…

Re: Here’s the thing on that though.

Jan 15, 2022, 10:49 PM

You and I both know the pressure and ramped up defense is diff in those situations though and we are never prepared for it … and if we are saying it’s the players losing their minds and composure in the last possession, I won’t disagree but that’s also coaching … having guys prepared for those situations, nobody is saying we hit those shots to win games every time but dang it seems like we either have a terrible look or don’t even get a shot up way more often than we just miss the shot … his teams have always fallen apart in late game situations

I’m actually not advocating either way,

Jan 15, 2022, 11:33 PM

but more stating the obvious. We’ve seen it and it’s frustrating as hail. Sure, the stakes are different in that pressure situation, but maybe he got out coached tonight there? Beaten to the punch so to speak? Maybe he showed his cards for what he ended up doing at the end being it was a former asst? Idk. Again, I’m just frustrated. All I want is a competitive team that does things the right way like they do now.

Sorry, man. I came close to buying tickets for this game last month…

Jan 15, 2022, 10:45 PM

But couldn’t find anybody to go with me. My son has been sick all this week and I caught his gunk yesterday. So I was in no condition to drive up to Clemson.

Watching that game didn’t make me feel any better.

~JKB

LMK if you head that way soon.

Jan 15, 2022, 10:47 PM

I’ll yell at the refs with you.

No basketball for me. NO THANK YOU! Wanna catch a softball game…

Jan 16, 2022, 9:35 AM

Around April?

~JKB

ND on a Saturday or GT on a Saturday or Sunday?

Jan 16, 2022, 9:40 AM

T-male me, sir. I’ll portion part of my tax returns for tix and dranking. Mostly dranking.

~JKB

Will do!***

Jan 16, 2022, 10:25 AM

It's one of our trademarks

Jan 16, 2022, 12:04 AM

In last play and other tight situations we have pretty much always looked desperate and discombobulated.

I like Brad. He seems like a good guy with a lot of integrity. He cares about Clemson. I do think we have some nice players who mostly play hard. They do well in school and don't get in trouble. The program seems to be doing great in every way, except for the bottom line where sports most matter, winning.

The frustration you're feeling is what lots of us have felt for many years.

Yep. My take is the same regardless of the

Jan 16, 2022, 12:12 AM

Coaching outcome. Win with integrity and outshine the competition off the court.

I think Brad is a good coach and has integrity. I’m not qualified to critique how good a coach he is nor do I know all the details, if any, about what all he is up against. Time will tell.

Re: Yep. My take is the same regardless of the

Jan 16, 2022, 9:50 AM

I think time has told. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I’m referring to Neff having taken over.

Jan 16, 2022, 10:27 AM

We don’t know what his take is yet.

Jan 16, 2022, 1:53 AM

Uninspired, festering mediocrity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,818
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic