https://twitter.com/numberoneshow/status/1407720596708937731

link

Only two I somewhat agree with are CU/Belgium and OSU/France

[1]
Jun 23, 2021, 12:30 PM
flag     Reply

but not even those really.

Good topic though. Here's a better take:

1) Georgia = England - have won a title, but it has been AGES ago and fans always get their hopes up only to be disappointed.

2) Alabama = Germany - win a lot, not very likable though.

3) Clemson = Brasil - win and can be very entertaining to watch.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif link

Can someone convert this to American please***

Jun 23, 2021, 12:32 PM
flag     Reply

2021 student level member link

I guess we are Belgium because

Jun 23, 2021, 12:40 PM
flag     Reply

We are relatively small compared to other universities? Like Belgium is small but still elite.

The Wisconsin Italy one makes no sense at all.

link

Re: Elite CFB teams as soccer teams

[2]
Jun 23, 2021, 12:57 PM
flag     Reply

wut? what a public way to show that you don't know neither sport - football or soccer.

Clemson and Belgium - Belgium's best finish is 3rd. Clemson has 3 championships. Maybe France is our best analog since while there were not a mega power before 1980, they are the new blood with two championships and a runner up as of late (also a complete dark period). But it still does not really match well. No country has only three championships.

LSU might be more like Italy (not Wisc since Italy has won it all recently while wisc last won it when Germans were all strutting around in tall boots in unison- thus Uruguay?)

link

Re: Elite CFB teams as soccer teams

Jun 23, 2021, 1:06 PM
flag     Reply

^^^ fully agree with this post ….

link

I like the Clemson - France comp and it was my choice as

Jun 23, 2021, 1:24 PM
flag     Reply

well. I don't think anyone else matches us more closely than France.

2021 white level member link

No, no, no.

[1]
Jun 23, 2021, 1:19 PM
flag     Reply

1) Why force the US women into this? Political reasons? Just make Bama = Brazil or Germany and be done with it for goodness sake.

2) Belgium has never won anything. They've had a golden generation recently and still haven't won any major tournaments. Clemson has 3 titles.

3) Italy has won 4 World Cups and a European championship so why are we comparing them to Wisconsin? Stylistically I kind of get it.. bunch of white guys playing a boring style and trying to grind out results. But one has been very successful for a very long time and the other is Wisconsin.

I do kind of like Argentina - Oklahoma, especially if we look at them over the last decade. Lots of offensive flair and expectations but always falling short at the end against strong competition.

France - Ohio State. Sure, I guess.

I think France - Clemson might be better though because both are relatively new to big time success and both can be entertaining to watch and typically have exciting players.

Pair OSU up with Italy (or Germany if Bama = Brazil) since they've both won for a long time.

2021 white level member link

You can't compare bama to the USWNT...

[1]
Jun 23, 2021, 1:26 PM
flag     Reply

at the same time the USWNT is complaining about being underpaid.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

If football was anything like soccer, you would have about

Jun 23, 2021, 7:51 PM
flag     Reply

200 turnovers every game, because that is what soccer is...run down the field, but turn it over before you get a shot off...about 19 out of 20 times!

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: GaTech ticket for sale. Game is a sell out. TDQ, Row B, Seat 26. Asking $125. Will accept Venmo a...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1091 people have read this post