Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elite CFB teams as soccer teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,709

Elite CFB teams as soccer teams

Jun 23, 2021, 11:57 AM

https://twitter.com/numberoneshow/status/1407720596708937731

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only two I somewhat agree with are CU/Belgium and OSU/France

Jun 23, 2021, 12:30 PM

but not even those really.

Good topic though. Here's a better take:

1) Georgia = England - have won a title, but it has been AGES ago and fans always get their hopes up only to be disappointed.

2) Alabama = Germany - win a lot, not very likable though.

3) Clemson = Brasil - win and can be very entertaining to watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can someone convert this to American please***

Jun 23, 2021, 12:32 PM

I guess we are Belgium because

Jun 23, 2021, 12:40 PM

We are relatively small compared to other universities? Like Belgium is small but still elite.

The Wisconsin Italy one makes no sense at all.

Re: Elite CFB teams as soccer teams

Jun 23, 2021, 12:57 PM

wut? what a public way to show that you don't know neither sport - football or soccer.

Clemson and Belgium - Belgium's best finish is 3rd. Clemson has 3 championships. Maybe France is our best analog since while there were not a mega power before 1980, they are the new blood with two championships and a runner up as of late (also a complete dark period). But it still does not really match well. No country has only three championships.

LSU might be more like Italy (not Wisc since Italy has won it all recently while wisc last won it when Germans were all strutting around in tall boots in unison- thus Uruguay?)

Re: Elite CFB teams as soccer teams

Jun 23, 2021, 1:06 PM

^^^ fully agree with this post ….

I like the Clemson - France comp and it was my choice as

Jun 23, 2021, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Elite CFB teams as soccer teams ]

well. I don't think anyone else matches us more closely than France.

No, no, no.

Jun 23, 2021, 1:19 PM

1) Why force the US women into this? Political reasons? Just make Bama = Brazil or Germany and be done with it for goodness sake.

2) Belgium has never won anything. They've had a golden generation recently and still haven't won any major tournaments. Clemson has 3 titles.

3) Italy has won 4 World Cups and a European championship so why are we comparing them to Wisconsin? Stylistically I kind of get it.. bunch of white guys playing a boring style and trying to grind out results. But one has been very successful for a very long time and the other is Wisconsin.

I do kind of like Argentina - Oklahoma, especially if we look at them over the last decade. Lots of offensive flair and expectations but always falling short at the end against strong competition.

France - Ohio State. Sure, I guess.

I think France - Clemson might be better though because both are relatively new to big time success and both can be entertaining to watch and typically have exciting players.

Pair OSU up with Italy (or Germany if Bama = Brazil) since they've both won for a long time.

You can't compare bama to the USWNT...

Jun 23, 2021, 1:26 PM

at the same time the USWNT is complaining about being underpaid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If football was anything like soccer, you would have about

Jun 23, 2021, 7:51 PM

200 turnovers every game, because that is what soccer is...run down the field, but turn it over before you get a shot off...about 19 out of 20 times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic