Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
E-Ticketing procedures
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,985

E-Ticketing procedures

Jul 29, 2021, 12:32 PM

Anyone else here have issues with the proposed e-ticket delivery method? I most definitely do not want to open a Google wallet or Apple wallet account, neither of which I have or want, and neither of which I would use for anything else. Why should I have to opt in to having my online activities tracked by either Google or Apple, so they can mine and sell my personal data, just to be able to download and manage my season tickets, when that could be done through clemsontigers.com?

I suspect many Tiger fans have the same concerns, or will when they see the procedure. In any case it seems a completely unnecessary complication/requirement. Why not just let me download a QR code to my phone and be done with it?

I see no alternative being offered. Am I missing something? I have contacted the athletic department on this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Google or Apple are already tracking you

Jul 29, 2021, 12:38 PM

the wallet will not change much

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It is what it is, the decision has been made***

Jul 29, 2021, 12:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here.. my work around was screenshot

Jul 29, 2021, 12:41 PM

The ticket.. save as a picture.

Has worked so far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Won't work anymore***

Jul 29, 2021, 1:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: E-Ticketing procedures

Jul 29, 2021, 1:01 PM

We had tickets last year and used the Apple wallet with no problems. You'll get used to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have used them for baseball season tickets.

Jul 29, 2021, 2:20 PM

The only problem I have had was that the sun was too bright and the person scanning had to try to scan several times before it would accept the mobile barcode.

Also, I don't like that I have to wait within 48 hours of downloading the football tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 30, 2021, 10:43 AM

Not a matter of being able to use the app. That would not be a problem. Believe me, avoiding google requires significant technical savvy. To download the app would require, presumably, re-establishing my long-ago closed google account.

I realize most folks have no issue with the tracking and personal data mining. I do, on principle. Right now they can track my device, sure, as it is android, but it ends there with no google account, and proper use of privacy apps and procedures. I store no personal data on the phone except my contact list, so privacy implications would be limited, provided I never deal with google on my other unlinked devices, which I would not.

Still, evading the tentacles is a sport in itself, and this is one more extension of those tentacles where they need not be. Bar codes can be delivered quite simply with no need for involvement by Apple or Google. In fact, why not deliver via the clemsontigers.com app?

I'll not be the only one with this concern, though we are a small minority. The few, the proud. ;) I suspect the athletic department will implement some sort of work-around. If nothing else, some of the old folks will have enough of a problem e-ticketing as is, without regard to the app.

I'll leave it there. Might try the screen-cap image method as an experiment.

I think... think.. clemson said if you had problems

Jul 30, 2021, 10:52 AM

U can go by ticket office on gameday and get some sort of paper ticket.

U can call and ask.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 30, 2021, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: E-Ticketing procedures ]

From the Clemson website: “ If you do not have a smartphone for any reason, you’ll need to visit the box office on game day. Please have a valid ID for the name of the account.”

Screen capture won’t work anymore.

Jul 30, 2021, 2:26 PM

For what it's worth Apple doesn't track. They make their money selling things and not tracking users and selling their data. Admittedly Apple products cost more because of that, but provide a premium experience (usually - nobodies perfect). I don't want to be tracked if I can help it so I pay the premium to use Apple products.

I've been using the Apple wallet on my iPhone and Apple watch for 3 years at point of sale (ApplePay) and Airline tickets (not recently obviously). I have 3 credit cards in the wallet and I've never had a single issue in that time. I check my credit card bill religiously and have not found a single ApplePay issue. Since it's a one time code and having found no issues over several years of checking, within the last 90 days I've even stopped saving receipts on ApplePay purchases.

With that said, I don't like not having physical tickets, but guess we're stuck. I plan to put the tickets in my Apple Wallet this weekend and hope all goes well.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,985
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic