Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
E$PN will determine where Clemson goes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

E$PN will determine where Clemson goes

Jul 3, 2022, 5:13 PM

Much the way they did for Texas and OK. I don’t think we add enough value to their sec program, but creating a southern pipeline in the big may have appeal. I think Clemson, FSU and Nancy could be an option. So no more remarks bashing Disney please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately

Jul 3, 2022, 5:38 PM

You may be right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately

Jul 3, 2022, 7:00 PM

And that is the problem. Television networks should NOT be controlling college athletics. Time for a lawsuit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately

Jul 3, 2022, 7:29 PM

Why shouldn’t TV networks be controlling college football? They are the customer. They are buying the TV rights.

The alternative is to have a government agency control college athletics, that might make sense for public institutions, not gonna make sense for private schools like Miami, USC, duke, etc.

Or you could create some third-party entity and let them be the governing body, whoops we tried that, and the NCAA failed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: E$PN will determine where Clemson goes

Jul 3, 2022, 5:49 PM

This expansion is about football and football dollar contracts. Clemson is the BEST available football program and tailor made for the SEC geographically. Clemson brings more than anyone not named Alabama. Schools like miss state vandy ole miss south Carolina bring zero to the football table. SEC would be lucky to get Clemson. No drama well run institution that does things the right way.

The fact that there has been no smoke already about the SEC

Jul 3, 2022, 6:22 PM

contacting Clemson or FSU tells me that they don't want us. They are willing apparently, to bet that we will not be strong enough going forward to steal a Natty from them every now and then. And, between them and the new BIG, once the huge disparity in TV contract distributions really kicks in, I sadly believe they will be right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, there was so much smoke before the other SEC moves.***

Jul 3, 2022, 6:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The fact that there has been no smoke already about the SEC

Jul 3, 2022, 6:46 PM [ in reply to The fact that there has been no smoke already about the SEC ]

The day before SEC made announcement that UT and OU were joining, then and only then did their head coaches get the news. Thelr Boards and Governors were informed officially only when an emergency Board meeting was called to ratify the deal.
Whatever is happening, and something is definitely going on, the public will only learn once it is fait accompli.

Jul 3, 2022, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: E$PN will determine where Clemson goes ]

You just named 4 SEC teams that have recently won National Titles. It's not all about football genius.

Jul 3, 2022, 6:08 PM

Ridiculous.

Re: E$PN will play a big role -- agreed

Jul 3, 2022, 6:17 PM

So will Fox Sports who covers B1G Football. No doubt. The networks will make recommendations to the SEC & B1G conferences/universities based upon fan bases, geography, viewer ratings, university branding, advertising dollars, and potential payouts to conferences/universities for admittance of each potential school. The BOT's, chancellors and presidents will take it from there. No one likes to leave money on the table, but many factors will be in play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2022, 6:31 PM

Espn and Fox. The $ is coming from the networks. They are pulling the strings. We are the logical geographical choice for the SEC but if Fox want in the SEC backyard then a play for ND Clemson FSU and Miami would be the move.

Jul 3, 2022, 6:49 PM

Per a leak from FSU Athletic Board, ESPN is negotiating the exit costs for Clemson and FSU to go to the SEC. I don’t post much (class of 1966) because I type too slowly and I really do not care if anyone believes this. Please note I have not said it is going to happen.

Jul 3, 2022, 6:56 PM

I dont k ow how the sec contract with espn reads, buts say espn does not have first right of refusal. If that is the case whats to say.m the sec doesnt do something crazy and go to apple tv or amazon or some crap. If that happens the acc would be in prime position to add whoever to trigger the renegotiation and we cash in. Just adding another crazy theory to the pile of the rest.

Jul 3, 2022, 7:09 PM

That would be absolutely worse case scenario. I sure hope your wrong. Having to travel to those crappy B1G schools would be awful. I’d rather hope that the ACC figures it out or we join the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic