Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 not getting an injury in 2016 was an unreal blessing for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,709

DW4 not getting an injury in 2016 was an unreal blessing for Clemson

Apr 16, 2017, 9:04 PM

And we should count it as that since more than once a team seemed to try to level him, including Bama imho in the earlier stages of the Natty game.

Saying, many times during 2015 & 2016 I cringed when he took off, or was hit, or he laid out for the extra yard ir was stacked up at the line of scrimmage, or his unbelievable end zone dives!

What reminded us of a possible injury was that black knee support he wore virtually every game, or his getting up a little slow but then proceeded to adjust his socks.

Yep, we & he were very very lucky the last two years since the first year & Spring practicte seemed to be injury riddled.

ThX DW4 and much luck & success in your new NFL "Career"!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 was a master at pulling those socks up every play***

Apr 16, 2017, 9:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 was a master at pulling those socks up every play***

Apr 16, 2017, 10:21 PM

Even knowing he pulled up his socks every time he was tackled I was always worried, dude was a stud for us though

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 not getting an injury in 2016 was an unreal blessing for Clemson

Apr 16, 2017, 10:14 PM

Yeah he was. Well said kb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 10:15 PM

Sorry phone. I meant lbb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think it was fortunate he avoided injury

Apr 16, 2017, 11:20 PM

simply because of the way he is used.

BUT, the whole Watson being injury prone/fragile was propagated by coots wishing/hoping injury upon him. He is a tough kid.

Paleasssse!!!!

Apr 16, 2017, 11:37 PM

DW4 is so dang tough, it was an unreal blessing that he didn't wipe out entire defenses along his way. Truthfully, he shouldn't be allowed to play real humans. There is just too much risk putting Watson against actual flesh and bone. DW4 vs a team of automated robot tanks? Well at least no one would get hurt. But the tanks would leave embarrassed. It's no wonder Bama players "left it all out on the field"... they were too scared to go back out there and get it.

Listen Watson is tough as nails but you are right, he's still somewhat human. He has been injured. But what happened the last time he was hurt? Well a Hall of Fame coach quit halfway through his next season.

https://youtu.be/mkDJRq7PBAI

He was injured during the 2016 season

Apr 16, 2017, 11:41 PM

Obviously the staff never disclosed it but during early to midseason he injured his throwing shoulder from what i was told by a players father on the team. He never got it back to feeling 100%. During one of his interviews a couple of months ago he even stated that one of the reasons he didn't go was because he wasn't healthy

Re: He was injured during the 2016 season

Apr 16, 2017, 11:44 PM

One of the reasons he didn't go to the senior bowl*

Schussler looked pretty sharp the times he got to play.***

Apr 17, 2017, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 10:33 AM

How right you are , LBB ! We probably would have struggled mightily without him ...and most assuredly finding our way into , through and victorious in the playoffs would have been doubtful without DW4 . Injuries can and do happen at any time , and Clemson dodged that bullet .

I think I sprained my fifth metatarsal in my response .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic