Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't watch much college ball outside Clemson, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Don't watch much college ball outside Clemson, but...

Mar 24, 2023, 12:13 AM

watching this Gonzaga and UCLA game?, HaHa! Holy moly! We would get slaughtered by these teams! Their passing, their inside game and even just their energy isn't close to anything I have seen this year watching Clemson bball. I didn't see an ACC team this year that was close which explains why they all got whacked by the first wknd except Miami.

Watching this game with UCLA and Zags, ACC has a long way to go to catch up to top tier teams again. Both these teams would have easily won the ACC this year.

While most fans, including myself and Neff, were convinced we were a Tournament team, as I watch this game I know we are way behind.

Unfortunately I think we are 4yrs away from having a competitive team if we get lucky with a new hire next year. New coach has 2-3yrs just to get players after CBB is gone a yr from now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't watch much college ball outside Clemson, but...

Mar 24, 2023, 12:22 AM

We are just wasting time keeping him around for another year. Should have been gone at least 5 years ago. It just delays any kind of progress we could have made by now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2023, 3:40 AM

My message to Neff was to please stop the insanity and please hire a new coach now to stop the bleeding. Let's get started on the future, why live in the past while we wait for a new step.

Mar 24, 2023, 12:40 AM

I picked (so my money is on) Gonzaga to be the NCAA champions.

As good was Gonzaga is, Connecticut looks better. They tip it off on Saturday and we will see …

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2023, 12:46 AM

Mar 24, 2023, 3:49 AM

Didn't look like the Clemson games I watched this year. They are closer to NBA level while we are closer to JV/Varsity HS when you watch the 2 teams. I was shocked at how much better they looked. I havent watched good teams this year as the ACC weak, and I dont watch college outside of Clemson. But just watching 10min, I would be embarrassed to put our team in front of Gonzaga. The way we lost to Moorehead, then they lost by almost 20 to UAB.

Then you see a very solid game with FAU and Tenn tonight, we had zero chance and did not belong in NCAAT. I probably argued for a place just like Neff, but I bet Neff didn't watch #1Seefs play this year like I didn't. We got brainwashed thinking that a #4Duke or Virginia were top tier because that is where ACC is supposed to be. Except THIS YEAR!

Explains ACC ranked 7th in D1 basketball!

We have a very boring, predictable style of play

Mar 24, 2023, 4:17 PM

Its has been described as "Church League(ish)", "elementary", "bush league", "small midwestern High School(ish)" ... sort of UVa wannabees (they run this style very well, but usually get killed once they play a school like you mentioned.

We don't:
Crash the boards
Run
Attack the basket
We always peel back en masse after a given shot in order to prevent the much feared by management "fast break" (I believe this is a result of a childhood trauma by management)

This has been an issue for like over a decade. Its not the players, its our APPROACH to the game.

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic