Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does DJ to UVA make any sense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Does DJ to UVA make any sense?

Dec 7, 2022, 8:52 AM

Reunite with Coach Elliott?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Possibly…isn’t their starter in the portal?***

Dec 7, 2022, 8:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly…isn’t their starter in the portal?***

Dec 7, 2022, 8:54 AM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: Does DJ to UVA make any sense?

Dec 7, 2022, 8:54 AM

Based on their partnership last year, I would lean towards "No."
Don't see it appealing to either party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Dec 7, 2022, 8:57 AM

It does make sense for V but not for DJ.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Dec 7, 2022, 9:00 AM

I have a question.
I suppose DJ was making NIL $, maybe not a million$ but doing OK.
How does leaving that $ behind factor in?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Dec 7, 2022, 9:02 AM

Great question. I am not sure, but I would think there would be some type of contract with the NIL Deal. For example, if Bojangles is paying DJ but he goes to a school that does not have a Bojangles in their region or state, I would think the deal would be terminated. However, I really don't know.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:03 AM

DavidHood® Any idea how these deals work?

Dec 7, 2022, 9:06 AM

The NIL deals are independent contracts between the business and the player. Every one is probably different. For example, a local car dealership is not going to keep your deal if you transfer across the country. But a national brand like Dr Pepper may keep you on board as long as your new destination is high profile and you are getting playing time.

TL;DR - it depends

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 9:08 AM

Makes sense. I was kind of thinking that.

Maybe it opens the market for Bojangles out west?

Dec 7, 2022, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Does DJ to UVA make any sense? ]

DJ might be rolling in $

Dec 7, 2022, 9:03 AM

I doubt TE wants anything to do with DJ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 9:04 AM

What makes you think that? TE was a huge supporter of DJ last year.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:04 AM

Absolutely not. He needs a spread offense.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:05 AM

Virginia not in the cards for DJ. With the shooting of players, departure of starting QB, and current state of Virginia football it looks like a long road ahead for Coach Elliott.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:08 AM

Pace, makes more sense, because Elliott recruited him. My guess DJ is going to join his brother at UCLA

Dec 7, 2022, 9:09 AM

I am not sure UCLA would want a QB for just one year. But, maybe, you never know.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:11 AM

He has 2 years left because Covid year

Dec 7, 2022, 9:28 AM

no

Dec 7, 2022, 9:29 AM

Why would DJ go to a school that runs the same offense he struggled with last year. I think his reason for transfer is to get in a pro style offense.

Dec 7, 2022, 9:31 AM

Please tell me what a pro-style offense is? This is not the 80's. Teams like Kansas City, Miami, etc., run a very similar offense to Clemson. They are usually in the shotgun formation with 1 RB. Very few teams use a two-back formation with a FB anymore.

I think Jesus is the only coach that can raise DJ's level of

Dec 7, 2022, 9:35 AM

play. Not sure UVA would benefit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Jesus is the only coach that can raise DJ's level of

Dec 7, 2022, 9:46 AM

I think Jesus would say, try out for Tight End and you will be successful

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate any faith in Jesus.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I think Jesus is the only coach that can raise DJ's level of ]

I'm certain He could do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2022, 9:47 AM

It depends.. if Tony wants to run the same offense he ran at Clemson, I dont think its a good match. I would like to see DJ go to a pro-style offense with a QB coach who has developed some guys.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:17 PM

I don't think so. That combo didn't do particularly well last year. I think DJ needs a different offensive scheme and a head coach with a track record. I like TE but don't think he's going to succeed as a head coach...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic