Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Do you think that

Jan 24, 2022, 1:12 PM

Simpson can be the team leader on defense as Skalski was for the last few seasons. No question that
Simpson is a top flight linebacker but he show the kind of leadership that the team will need? It’s vital to have that kind of player on the field in the big games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think that

Jan 24, 2022, 1:22 PM

Without the injury this past season, I would have expected that Bresee would slide into that defensive leader spot left vacant by Skalski.

It isn't impossible for him to fill that spot now, but it's a little less likely since he will still be heavily invested in his personal rehab during the offseason.

If Simpson fills that role, it will look much different than the way Skalski filled it.

Skalski was the dependable leader who everyone knew would be in the right spot and make the routine play every single time.

If Simpson fills that role, it will likely be more in the mold of Isaiah Simmons in that he will be the guy who makes the spectacular plays and forces the opposing offenses to gameplan around him on every snap.

Jan 24, 2022, 1:32 PM

I’ll take another Isaiah Simmons any day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2022, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think that ]

something makes me think that was supposed to be a slight at the unknown leadership capability of Simpson.

If I had the choice of another Simmons or Skalski - I'm taking the first round draft pick over the future grad assistant 11 out of 10 times.

Jan 24, 2022, 1:41 PM

I was really hoping last season we'd get to see more LaVonta and less Skalski so the torched could be passed. Unfortunately that didn't happen with such close games. It's his time to take the reigns... Just hope he develops a little more discipline in coverage and calls.

It'd be hard for a vocal transfer to come in and be a leader. I do think an experienced grad transfer would be nice to fill the void of Spector.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2022, 1:45 PM

Someone like this would have been nice. We offered in 19.

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-lands-Alabama-linebacker-Shane-Lee-via-transfer-portal-181314574/Amp/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic