Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we lose at Wake and last night if Elliot was still our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Do we lose at Wake and last night if Elliot was still our

Oct 2, 2022, 7:12 PM

OC? I venture to say yes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we lose at Wake and last night if Elliot was still our

Oct 2, 2022, 7:14 PM

No.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to be drinking… please explain why…***

Oct 2, 2022, 7:15 PM

Just my take

Oct 2, 2022, 7:25 PM

But I think a bulk of them overall improvement we are seeing this year is due to Much improved pass protection by the OL. DJ is a different QB when he has time to set his feet and progress pass an initial read, and with that improvement we’ve seen defenses have to keep an honest balance between pass/rush defense. Don’t get me wrong I think there has been an improvement in play calling overall, but I wonder how much of that is due to the OL providing enough protection to call some more intermediate passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to be drinking… please explain why…***

Oct 2, 2022, 7:38 PM [ in reply to You have to be drinking… please explain why…*** ]

Because Tony Elliot calls a similar play selection as Brandon Streeter. The offense is still the same basic offense as it has been. They don't really do much different this year as last year. It's mostly the same plays.

If you are going to make the argument about last year, the difference is that Uiagalelei is looking at all the receivers this year, so a play that didn't work last year because the primary receiver wss covered does work this year because a second or third option is open and is now targeted, and the play is saved. Plus, Uiagalelei is running better this year, so defenses have to commit more to stopping the run, which opens up plays in the passing game.

Now I will ask the same question of you. Explain why the team would not win last night if Elliot was calling the plays.

Oct 2, 2022, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we lose at Wake and last night if Elliot was still our ]

Yes

I don't think so.

Oct 2, 2022, 7:19 PM

I think our strategy came from Dabo. Last year DJ was a mess which allowed people to stack the box and collapse any pocket. Most everyone got to our QB and defended the run game because his passing skills complimented with our WR drops allowed that to happen.

The difference is in the QB this season, not the coaching staff though I believe we called plays last year which DJ couldn't execute and eliminated most of those this season. It seems the coaching staff is giving him a short rope and letting it out incrementally to allow for his growth at the position.

That's how I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think so.

Oct 2, 2022, 9:05 PM

Which plays have we eliminated that DJ can't do?

Oct 2, 2022, 7:22 PM

Wonder if Venables wishes he'd stay at Clemson?? He's lost 2 in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure not

Oct 2, 2022, 7:27 PM

He’ll be given a number of years to recruit and instill a culture there. And, if for some reason that doesn’t work he’ll be set for life financially and have a line of folks begging him to come to their school as a DC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 7:35 PM

Elliot and Venables were great at their jobs. We won two national championships with them as coordinators!

What kind of question is this anyway?

Dude did you just wake up? For both we had dual OC’s

Oct 2, 2022, 7:51 PM

We all know Scott made Elliot look good. The last playoff run we had we still had TL and he made Elliot look good.

Re: Dude did you just wake up? For both we had dual OC’s

Oct 2, 2022, 8:55 PM

You’re an idiot.

Oct 2, 2022, 7:49 PM

OC? I venture to say yes.

He is not so why the #### does it matter???? We won the game and played well. Thanks to the coaches we have. Why the dumb ### question????

Just a question, no need to get all COOTISH about it.

Oct 2, 2022, 7:53 PM

FGF is ——> way

Oct 2, 2022, 9:17 PM

No

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic