Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ's stats NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

DJ's stats NC State

Oct 6, 2022, 11:48 AM

https://twitter.com/TigerCommenter/status/1577673260271017985?s=20&t=Q7YjtQiM0nNJQnFRPXJtGQ

First half only:
DJ was 12-17
- 3 pressures / 2 incomplete
- Overthrow up right sideline to 80 would likely have been a TD (8:27 left in 2QTR)
- 1 Pass Interference call
- no sacks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ's stats NC State

Oct 6, 2022, 12:13 PM

I will add further to what Tiger Commenter said:

The 0-1 to the top left was a ball that DJ likely wants back really bad. It was a TD to Beau Collins and was just a plain miss.

The 0-1 top middle was a play where the protection probably wants that one back really bad. If DJ had a split second longer he had Antonio Williams breaking wide open across the middle for a TD. Ball had to come out early and DJ had to make sure the ball was going to be in a safe space and a rushed throw wasn't perfect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2022, 12:52 PM

What caught my eye, only one blue dot (dropped pass).

I saw a few of those graphs and have the same comment.

Oct 6, 2022, 1:10 PM

The graphs do not show the lateral movement of the receiver in the middle of the field. Usually, there is little or no lateral movement (relative to the QB) in areas along the sidelines, behind the LOS or deep in the secondary in the middle of the field.

My only concern is the laterally movement, which is often radical, in the area near the LOS or rather crossing the field. I remember three of DJ's completions being to receiver moving across the field, which imo, is the toughest throws for DJ and the ones not asked of him earlier in the season.

I predicted he couldn't make those throws and that's why they weren't being called. Either I was sorely mistaken or DJ's progress is astounding. I choose the latter. I wish the graphs would address this for it is a great part of his progress.

I'd love to see his completion rate rise and I believe that will happen more and more as this season goes on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2022, 2:07 PM

DJ has improved significantly as a passer.

Downfield threat still just OK.

Slot receiver and (2!) legit threats have emerged at TE.

OL pass protection very good. Run blocking average.

DL rounding into form, very good.

LB very good.

DB growing up, still much improvement.

Kicking very good.

DC and OC coming around as well.

Much to be optimistic about.

Oct 6, 2022, 3:41 PM

DJ has improved significantly as a passer.

Downfield threat still just OK.

Slot receiver and (2!) legit threats have emerged at TE.

OL pass protection very good. Run blocking average.

DL rounding into form, very good.

LB very good.

DB growing up, still much improvement.

Kicking very good.

DC and OC coming around as well.

Much to be optimistic about.

Generally, I agree with your comments/analysis! However, a few exceptions. Primarily, on the Defensive side:
- DL looked much better last week, but need to see their level of play to be consistent every week in the future!
- DB play was better, & our defensive schemes to assist our inexperienced CBs was better as well. However, still needs improvement. Hopefully, our injured & experienced DBs will finally return to play this week!
- Kicking: FGs and Kickoffs very good! Our Punting has been getting progressively worse. Punting needs to improve and be more consistent!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic