Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ last year vs. Notre Dame ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

DJ last year vs. Notre Dame ...

Sep 19, 2021, 8:38 AM

29/44, 439 yds, 2 TDs. On the road as a true freshman, vs. the #4 team in the country. Calm, confident, in charge. Saw the field, made the right reads, threw the ball away when he needed to. Put up 33 points.

We lost Etienne, Rogers, and Powell to the NFL, but good Lord, we reloaded with 5-star talent and all we heard all summer was how this OL was the deepest, most talented we've had in years. Besides, Other top teams reload and move ahead (see Alabama, Ohio St), granted, with some hiccups, but with nothing like the drastic, mighty struggle we seem to be facing.

This year DJ looks lost and confused. ZERO downfield passing game. Lots of bad, head-scratching throws. Take a look at how magnificent he was last year against ND, and tell me what is different this year.

https://youtu.be/7NYTg2AlSoI

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: DJ last year vs. Notre Dame ...

Sep 19, 2021, 8:45 AM

Good point! How can DJ, who looked so good last year, with the same coaching staff calling the plays look so much worse this year.

An insight was provided by one of the CNN analysts (name escapes me) after the game yesterday. He said that our offensive line was "quite good" last year and is "much worse" this year. Anyone care to comment on this comment?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 8:48 AM

He wasn't the Starter last year!
Maybe that's your difference!!
Maybe he is not meant to be a starter.
All I know is last year he was 1-1 and this year 2-1.
However another loss this year and we will be playing a non meaningful Bowl game.
And I don't think you want to go there.

Sep 19, 2021, 9:00 AM

Biggest difference I see is he had a little more time, our ol is awful this year but it appears DJ and play calling have regressed

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic