Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ 2020 vs. DJ 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 668

DJ 2020 vs. DJ 2021

Sep 18, 2021, 10:15 PM

What’s the difference in y’all’s honest opinion? Did he play better because Trevor was still there and there wasn’t pressure? Was the OL that much better? Was the offense more balanced? Coaching? What was it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I posted his earlier tonight

Sep 18, 2021, 10:20 PM

I rewatched the ND game from 2020 during the weather delay. Watched every offensive series.

I am no expert, but generally I would say we are seeing nearly the same DJ as we saw then. Notable differences:

- Better and more experienced skill players around DJ. Not surprisingly ETN and Rodgers in particular stood out.
- DJ's footwork and body language. His feet look like they are in cement this year. In the ND game, there was noticeably more bounce in his feet and as a result his timing looked better.
- Multiple QB runs called throughout the ND game. None were very productive but probably kept the D more honest than what we are seeing now.
- DJ looked much more decisive. Maybe the coaches simplified things for him. The O played with more tempo.
- Multiple QB roll out play calls. Several were productive.
- Several deep balls called with some success.

Unfortunate similarities:
- DJ was not accurate on multiple short throws and rarely threw with "touch"
- DJ is slow footed runner and clearly does not like contact.
- He telegraphed many throws.

The opposition has tape on DJ now. His weaknesses are obvious and our O-line and RB's don't seem to be capable to generate a consistent run game. It is going to be a tough year. Either DJ will grow and improve, or he will be challenged by TP or Kublik (next year).

I believe in this coaching staff and the players. But the criticism they are getting and will get is for a reason. I hope it brings them together and we see them play with a huge chip on their shoulders from here on out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 668
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic