Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did no one tell Eric Bakich?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Did no one tell Eric Bakich?

May 29, 2023, 8:19 PM

I have concerns about Eric Bakich.

Connecticutt's Baseball squad enunciated their claim to being a true Baseball School today with a 3-seed in the Florida/Gainesville bracket, poised no doubt to upset the over-rated Gators on their home fields. You have to tip your cap to them as well for their focus and commitment to the season, with nary a blip or distraction in their performance due to the NCAA Basketball Championship their male BBaller's backed into.

The Huskies' baseball team was 20-7 before said Championship was won on April 3rd at the direction of Coach Danny Hurley, and an amazingly consistent 23-8 afterwards; no doubt, evidencing their fervent attention to the business at hand of making it to Omaha. Well done Baseball Huskies.

Sadly, Clemson's baseball team cannot be said to have done same, and Eric Bakich needs to be held accountable. Clearly, Brad Brownell's deep run into the bowels of the 2023 NIT, being held at the same time as the NCAAT, served as unquestioned distraction to our Baseballer's; worried as they would be, no doubt, about the fate of our roundball warriors' grasp on its annual post-season hardware haul.

Notably, Clemson Baseball was only 16-14 while the Basketball season was being played out on the National Scene. But once our Littlejohn sideshow was completely eliminated until 2024, the Baseball team went on a 27-3 tear.

Many have complimented Coach Bakich on his 1st year success. But we must peel back the facade and see this season for what it really was.

Clemson is a Basketball school; always has been, always will be. This is both self-evident and non-arguable.

If Bakich's team is going to be distracted in this manner every year that Brownell's BBaller's are parading in Pickens with yet another ACCT trophy, or are cutting down nets in far off Basketball Meccas like the Caesar's Superdome in New Orleans, then Bakich needs to keep his team away from Littlejohn, off the BBall Courts at Fike, and with TV's tuned away from March Madness, Tiger-style. And I mean completely. Focus must be maintained on the Diamond, even in the perpetual shadow of Hoopster Glory.

The hardware we routinely win in Basketball shouldn't detract us from at least trying to compete for a participation trophy or two in Baseball as well, no matter how unlikely. Eric, and his team, must be better than this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did no one tell Eric Bakich?

May 29, 2023, 8:29 PM

Who is Eric Bakich?

May 29, 2023, 8:31 PM

Erik.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, sometimes sarcasm is a little too subtle for the Net

May 29, 2023, 8:36 PM

maybe I should have called him Gladys to be a little more obvious.

May 29, 2023, 8:34 PM

This post is way too long to read. I just glanced at the users pulse and determined it’d be better just to post a funny gif.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people

May 29, 2023, 9:45 PM

who freely get on the Internet to announce that they can't read. Do you not find this embarrassing? Indeed, I taught my daughter how to read when she was 3.5. Are you dumber than a 3-yo?

my signature... read it, learn it, love it, live it.

May 29, 2023, 9:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

How arrogant is it that you think I care if you read this?

May 29, 2023, 9:49 PM

If you don't want to read, then don't. Then do what you do all the other times you don't read something - don't tell me you skipped by.

I put this out there for those people who might want to amuse themselves a bit. If that's not you, then toodles.

What are you rambling on about?***

May 29, 2023, 9:17 PM

nothing that you would understand, clearly***

May 29, 2023, 9:49 PM

May 29, 2023, 10:29 PM

I don’t know this looks like a lot of nonsense that the baseball team shouldn’t even be worried about.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

satire normally is nonsense once seen in the proper light

May 29, 2023, 11:10 PM

do you not see? lol

Re: satire normally is nonsense once seen in the proper light

May 30, 2023, 12:21 AM

“Clemson is a Basketball school; always has been, always will be. This is both self-evident and non-arguable.”

You deserve satire responses for everything you said. That was a bunch of garbage that doesn’t connect at all. UCONN? What are you talking about?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you should go back and learn how to read

May 30, 2023, 2:35 AM

you're not hitting on much here.

May 29, 2023, 10:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TLDR***

May 30, 2023, 12:45 AM

ThaRealDonReject?***

May 30, 2023, 1:16 AM

You didn't miss a thing. Just more tripe.

May 30, 2023, 6:46 AM [ in reply to TLDR*** ]

The unabomber made more sense with his ramblings.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and yet the team was indeed 16-14 BEFORE the Basketball

May 30, 2023, 9:29 AM

National Championship Game, and 27-3 afterwards.

That's true. That's a valid statistic. To what then do you attribute this disparity?

More/less bran in their cereal? Parting their hair on the other side? A team outing to see Taylor Swift?

And since you all are apparently housed in the same correctional facility as the Unabomber, make sure to give ol'Ted our best.

Baltimore Tiger®

ROYBus10®

dark side of the moo®

Can we get a wellness check on this poster?

May 30, 2023, 7:57 AM

These rambling soliloquys are getting wild

More rambling bilgewater. You do obviously love to watch

May 30, 2023, 8:02 AM

yourself type, though. And yes, I will save myself future lost minutes by putting you on ignore as of right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which only means I don't have to read your snark anymore

May 30, 2023, 9:35 AM

as well. Cool. I can guarantee that I won't be disappointed.

76er®

May 30, 2023, 8:47 AM

My biggest beef with Bakich is that we clearly could have gone 56-0 this season but he made the team lose some games early in the year so we could be a "comeback story" ... "mid-season turnaround". Only winning 1 of 3 against the coots was the dead giveaway.
He should be held accountable for only getting a top 4 seed instead of being unanimous #1. Its clear he is more concerned with creating a good story rather than dominating like we are clearly capable.
;)

I like the way you think

May 30, 2023, 9:16 AM

It was truly humanitarian of him as well to try to save the jobs of the UCF and UGA Coaches too. What a guy.

TigerFanClint

May 30, 2023, 9:39 AM

It sure does take you a lot of words to say anything. Or nothing.

which you only just proved yourself***

May 30, 2023, 9:47 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic