Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DHood thoughts on ND …
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,408

DHood thoughts on ND …

Jul 1, 2022, 9:48 PM

David, i listen and read a lot of pod casts and articles on the Athletic. Tonight I listened to the latest Shamrock pod cast.

In a nutshell, their thoughts were ,
1. ACC is Dead
2. ND is not enough to save the ACC
3. ACC , adding ND would trigger the out for any existing ACC schools to get around the media grant issue. They mentioned Clemson, FSU, Miami , and maybe UNC doing just that.
4. Point was that this was a well played chess move , ND to ACC would be dangerous for ND and they will go to the BiG 10 . The new Big 10 TV Contract will be over 100 million per school , with the addition of the LA market.
5. While people think the ACC meetings going on now are about figuring out who to ADD , in reality they are two fold ; Clemson, FSU, and Miami in one room trying to figure the best way to manage an exit . While in the other room the others are planning their best Hail Mary invites, and options for keeping those three locked In at almost all costs.

@David Hood , knowing that most everyone is speculating, how realistic do you think the above is ?

I had not thought about ND coming in , opening the door for departures. That wasn’t a big problem with the delta between TV revenue as it stood last year. Their point was that at 100 million ND doesn’t get ACC package close .

Personally, I think Clemson should either partner with FSU, Miami,GaTech , and approach both the SEC and Big10 for membership.

Agree to pay the ACC the 40 million a year and accept the 100 million from the new league. Clemson would then get 60 million per year net , from the new league …and play with a shortfall of 40 million until the current ACC rights deal expires.

What a stupid deal we agreed to . Get out now and bite the bullet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DHood thoughts on ND …

Jul 1, 2022, 10:02 PM

There’s no way they will pay $40 million a year for 15 years. Lawyers will counter sue the ACC for mismanagement leading to the exit in the first place. They will settle for MUCH less.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 11:53 PM

Agreed….There is no way we would pay that amount of money. Clemson has much more leverage

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2022, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: DHood thoughts on ND … ]

Maryland didn't pay that much to get out of the ACC, but I think there were some extenuating circumstances. It's possible that Clemson could have a shot (with a good team of attorneys) to prove the point that they have been carrying the ACC in its money-making sport for years without proper compensation. Therefore, they want out with a much-reduced exit fee.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 1, 2022, 10:08 PM

I am not a math whiz but if we get 35 million now and it went to 100 we would not have a shortfall of 40 if we had to pay the ACC, we would net 25 million more. I am sorry but I just don't money as the issue because we are a small campus and getting smaller every year and we just can't keep building new stadiums, gyms, fields etc unless they are in Central.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 10:11 PM

Valley Boy said:

I am not a math whiz but if we get 35 million now and it went to 100 we would not have a shortfall of 40 if we had to pay the ACC, we would net 25 million more. I am sorry but I just don't money as the issue because we are a small campus and getting smaller every year and we just can't keep building new stadiums, gyms, fields etc unless they are in Central.

We would operate at a shortfall versus the rest of the conference teams we were then playing in.

Get a cup of coffee :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or operate at a much greater shortfall status quo

Jul 1, 2022, 10:22 PM

Coffee doesn’t help math.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,408
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic