Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Tnet...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dear Tnet...

Sep 21, 2021, 8:28 AM

Be well

"When you become more aware of your tendency to overthink things, you can take steps to change. But first, you have to recognize that overthinking does more harm than good.

Sometimes, people think that their overthinking somehow prevents bad things from happening. And they think if they don't worry enough or rehash the past enough then somehow, they'll encounter more problems. But, the research is pretty clear--overthinking is bad for you and it does nothing to prevent or solve problems.

Here are 10 signs that you're an overthinker:

1) I relive embarrassing moments in my head repeatedly.
2) I have trouble sleeping because it feels like my brain won't shut off.
3) I ask myself a lot of "what if..." questions.
4) I spend a lot of time thinking about the hidden meaning in things people say or events that happen.
5) I rehash conversations I had with people in my mind and think about all the things I wished I had or hadn't said.
6) I constantly relive my mistakes.
7) When someone says or acts in a way I don't like, I keep replaying it in my mind.
8) Sometimes I'm not aware of what's going on around me because I'm dwelling on things that happened in the past or worrying about things that might happen in the future.
9) I spend a lot of time worrying about things I have no control over.
10) I can't get my mind off my worries."
https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/10-signs-you-think-too-much-and-what-you-can-do-about-it.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Dear Tnet...

Sep 21, 2021, 8:30 AM

Guilty.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 21, 2021, 8:31 AM

WOW! That's deep. Let me think about this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the serious post. This is needed

Sep 21, 2021, 8:32 AM

right now.

I cannot quote the source, but I have read that approximately 80% of what we worry about never happens. And, that 12%-15% of the things we worry about that do occur, it isn't as bad as we imagined it would be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

And most importantly...

Sep 21, 2021, 8:36 AM

"Worrying is sexy" was said by no one. ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: And most importantly...

Sep 21, 2021, 8:40 AM

I find that worrying about things can erase the past and alter the present.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for the serious post. This is needed

Sep 21, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Thank you for the serious post. This is needed ]

It always complicates a problem when the math guys get involved in real world issues and problems. . .

obtw: Have you ever stopped to wonder, or question why, their numbers never seem to add up to 100%? Maff guys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 21, 2021, 8:33 AM

Yup. Clemson even signed off on it and gave me a few pieces of paper but made me buy the purple suit.

But football isn't one of them. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm, those sound like clear signs of a serious anxiety

Sep 21, 2021, 8:36 AM

disorder, you may want to get that checked out. Fortunately, I spent 9 days in the everglades with no clothes or electronics, and a book entitled Extradanary, Popular Delusions, and the Madness of Crowds. I highly recommend this to anyone experiencing the above symptoms.

here is the link...

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/149036188X/ref=asc_df_149036188X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312065522531&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8421276398710573068&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012433&hvtargid=pla-453081728382&psc=1

ywia

Re: Hmm, those sound like clear signs of a serious anxiety

Sep 21, 2021, 8:38 AM

Is that you Laundrie?

That sounds nice.***

Sep 21, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Hmm, those sound like clear signs of a serious anxiety ]

Re: That sounds nice.***

Sep 21, 2021, 9:26 AM

the money I saved on spray tanner on this trip pretty much paid for the entire thing.

Sep 21, 2021, 8:37 AM

You over thought the misspelling of Deer….

Sep 21, 2021, 8:42 AM

Sigh.
Now, I'll have to worry, all day, if I'm worrying too much, because I'm overthinking it and then worrying too much because I'm overthinking it. Or is it, that I'm overthinking it about worrying too much.
I gets the confusement.
Gee, thanks for that.

Ok, ok. I’ll admit it. I over thought this…

Sep 21, 2021, 8:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 9:07 AM

Thank you. I think. You are referring to me and my post(s) about our team, right? If not, well, it seemed as if you might be singling me out. It happens to me a lot. But I can’t help it. I’m sorry if I’ve misunderstood you or your meaning. I really do that a lot, too. Sorry, again. But anyway, I will try to do better in the future, but I will need to ruminate further as to the areas in which I can do better, learn from my mistakes, and so on and so forth. But I could be wrong about that. Again. I do that a lot, too. You know, being wrong about what I thought I was being wrong about. Anyway, I’ll work on it. And get back to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 21, 2021, 9:11 AM

Well... just... GREAT!!! Now I have something else wrong with me. I'm a friggin "overthinker".
I'll be thinking about this all day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 21, 2021, 10:17 AM

Is it a little early for Christmas posts? Those colored balls of wadded up paper in the picture look like Christmas ornaments. I'm gonna flag this post for the day after Halloween, when Christmas stuff is more appropriate. Do you leave your tree up through January? Some people do.

It takes two wipes to know you need three wipes,

Sep 21, 2021, 10:23 AM

but three wipes to know you needed two.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You have this extremely well thought out...***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic