Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments?

Jun 5, 2023, 10:34 AM

I’m more interested in what is happening on the ACC front.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments?

Jun 5, 2023, 10:37 AM

Not really. Like I've said, maybe by end of summer we start to see some movement somewhere along the line. But that could change at any time

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! I have naysayers saying GOR is unbreakable…

Jun 5, 2023, 10:41 AM

So I kinda want some news to break to refute that talking point by the Clemson haters. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you! I have naysayers saying GOR is unbreakable…

Jun 5, 2023, 10:48 AM

Sure. Unless eight teams get new landing spots and dissolve the ACC. Or...schools could just take the ACC to court and tie it up for the next 20 years. Lot of stuff on the table

Jun 5, 2023, 12:31 PM

DavidHood®
In your opinion, what do you think will happen?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 12:36 PM

Within three years Clemson will be elsewhere. Just not sure of timing yet

Jun 5, 2023, 1:04 PM

#donedeal

@theDudeOfSC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Thanks. You know far more than me.

Jun 5, 2023, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank you! I have naysayers saying GOR is unbreakable… ]

But, that is my current timeline right now. I was hoping it would be sooner, but if it is going to be 2025 an announcement would have probably already been made.

Couple of things I'm thinking right now. Would appreciate any comments.

1. Seems to me the first domino that will fall will be Big 12 taking some PAC 12 teams. (Could only be two, might be 6.)

2. That will get Oregon and Washington in a hurry to move to B1G.

3. That will get SEC in a hurry to get some ACC teams (Clemson, FSU most likely 2).

4. But, it seems like SEC and B1G are ready to wait and see how the 12 team playoff will work out. They have no reason to expand right now. If they do wait to do anything, that could make ACC stable for 3 years.

5. I'm thnking the long term (5-10 year) outcome will be SEC and B1G going to 24 (or more) teams and disaffiliating their football programs from the NCAA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for keeping us up to date!***

Jun 5, 2023, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank you! I have naysayers saying GOR is unbreakable… ]

Jun 5, 2023, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Thank you! I have naysayers saying GOR is unbreakable… ]

It's not a talking point, and not coming from Clemson haters. It's a significant roadblock, among other things.

Jun 5, 2023, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments? ]

I still maintain that ESPN changing the way they broadcast games by now using paid subscription streaming service channels has altered the contract. And ESPN has announced that they are going to full streaming in the future in which you will pay a subscription to ESPN to see the games. That is not what the ACC contract covered. Yes it covered the grant of rights, but everyone who signed the contract assumed it was games being broadcast on cable and dish, not streaming paid subscriptions that fans would have to pay directly to ESPN as a separate fee to see games. Bait and switch is illegal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 12:44 PM

Whether it’s this or some other basis to dispute the contract, leaving will likely include a creative legal angle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This***

Jun 5, 2023, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments? ]

Jun 5, 2023, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: DAVID HOOD… any further rumblings on conf realignments? ]

David what do you know about Clemson and AAU status? Was our admin expecting an invite this year? Do they think we have a chance?

Jun 5, 2023, 10:18 PM

The general consensus seems to be that if 8 schools decide to withdraw from the ACC then the conference is dead and the GOR dies with it. The Big 12 is now working on their new television contract and that will be finalized by the beginning of 2025. I think it’s doubtful that 8 ACC schools will get into the SEC and the Big 10 so it seems likely that a few ACC schools are waiting to see what the Big 12 television contract looks like. (It almost HAS to be better than the garbage contract the ACC hitched its wagon to.)
Everyone needs a landing spot and I hope that between the SEC, the Big 10, and the Big 12 there will be enough landing spots that enough schools will be ready to make the jump that MUST be made. With the coming revenue disparity no ACC schools with national aspirations in any sport will be able to achieve those aspirations.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic