Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Radakovich leaving not a surprise…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Dan Radakovich leaving not a surprise…

Dec 8, 2021, 4:32 PM

After that complete and utter disaster Lou’s handling of the Track & Field program, where Clemson was put in a WAY worse position than had they left well enough alone….at least until the whole BLM “thingy” calmed down a bit, DRad was viewed in a MUCH MUCH dimmer light and was outed for the limited talent that he actually had.

The complete “tone deafness” that was exhibited by both he and his supposedly highly competent and highly compensated assistants (who should have been counseling him on what a horrible idea it was for him to cut the Men’s T&F program at that time) really went a long way in undoing some of the positives that had taken place w/in the Dept. Over the last 10 years (mainly facilities upgrades)

That ultimate public and embarrassing retraction, along with them being forced to pay the $100s of thousands in legal fees, greater access to resources and facilities for many useless and frankly chronically underperforming Women's programs, Oh! and let’s not forget the forced addition of even two more useless Women's programs that nobody will care about, I believe, put him on notice by the BOT to begin thinking about the end of his time at Clemson…

The Monte Lee hire, the Brownell contract extension, the multiple mediocre to poor Coaching hiring decisions in other programs, the continued over bloating of middle mgt positions w/in the Dept etc etc finally outshined his rather “ok” facilities upgrades.

Let’s face it folks, D Rad came on board 3 years after Dabo was installed. All he needed to do was cruise on Dabo’s shirt tails, do no harm, and give him what he needed, and then look like a total genius in the process.

If Dan Rad had done what he did last year in my business? he would have been fired immediately!!!! Last year’s antics exhibited horrible judgement and probably contributed to him rightfully being passed over for the PAC 12 job as well as the ACC Commissioners spot. I’m actually surprised he is even being considered by Miami to take over their Athletic Dept. He should seriously consider the $$$millions he has made over his time here and be glad he was so successful then drift off into the sunset of retirement down to The Villages of Orlando.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Radakovich leaving not a surprise…

Dec 8, 2021, 4:48 PM

It is easy for us to sit on the sidelines and question and complain even in good times. My guess is nobody that is on the TigerNet site has any clue how much is involved with running a huge business with hundreds of employees and a budget that is well in the 8 figure and maybe 9 figure range. An athletic department at a major university is one of the largest businesses in whatever state the school is in an and is a thankless, hard job.

Dec 8, 2021, 4:51 PM

Well, people on TNet believe any old coach can be an AD…must be really easy. (sarcasm)

Dec 8, 2021, 5:35 PM

Think Phil Fulmer at UT disaster

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic