»
Topic: Dabo seemed awful excited to get Fred Davis back. Why?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 20, 2021, 8:17 AM by: DeafOrangutan
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Dabo seemed awful excited to get Fred Davis back. Why?

Oct 18, 2021, 8:50 PM

We all know his off-season issues. Sure he adds depth, but he doesn't start and the few times I have seen him play as a Tiger he has not looked good out there. I know he was a highly recruited guy. Maybe he's been good in practice, but it just hasn't translated to games yet.

flag link

Re: Dabo seemed awful excited to get Fred Davis back. Why?

[2]
Oct 18, 2021, 8:59 PM

So a highly recruited, scholarshipped team member is coming back after being absent from the active roster and you wonder why the coach is excited? I don't follow.

flag link

How is what happened this summer relevant

[2]
Oct 19, 2021, 12:00 AM

to your point? You’re incorrect about his play.

2021 white level member flag link

I don’t know…

Oct 19, 2021, 6:04 AM

Would be a sufficient answer, opposed to criticizing an OP’s question or statement … really it sounds like “Hey! Don’t forget about me!”

I guess “I don’t know” doesn’t have the same ring to it?

Go Tigers ??

flag link

Who criticized the OP

Oct 19, 2021, 12:09 PM

and how?

2021 white level member flag link

His play has been good. He missed the last 3

[1]
Oct 19, 2021, 8:35 AM

games due to injury. He was one of the 3 corners they planned to interchange this year along with Booth and Goodrich. Jones has ended up playing a lot more than expected along with now Wiggins due to the injuries to Goodrich, Booth and Greene. This is like getting a starter back on D if he can play. It’s similar to the DE position where diff guys could start based on the matchup.

flag link

We're complaining now about 5 star CB's getting healthy

[2]
Oct 19, 2021, 8:39 AM

and able to play again. TDS, T-Net Derangement Syndrome

flag link

Oct 19, 2021, 9:06 AM

Tell us you can't evaluate in-game performance without saying you can't evaluate in-game performance.

I feel, last season and this season, Fred Davis looks like a guy that needs more playing time when he is on the field. He hasn't had a ton of chances to show his effectiveness in coming up to support on runs, but his coverage skills look really good when he gets his chances.

flag link

[1]
Oct 19, 2021, 9:11 AM

With our injury issues, I'm happy for ANYONE to come off the injury list and not be put on it.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Oct 19, 2021, 9:43 AM

Amen.

flag link

Because Davis likes to play really fast.

Oct 19, 2021, 11:57 AM

NM

flag link

Oct 20, 2021, 8:17 AM

I think Fred should be in jail, and he would be in the vast majority of states for what he did. But that has nothing to do with his abilities on the field. You are wrong that he hasn't been good. He doesn't have as many wow moments as Andrew Booth, but he's a very good shutdown corner. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts this year. He's extremely talented.

flag link

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have 2 tickets to the ACC Championship game tomorrow. They are in Section 515 Row 25 Seats 3 and 4...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2582 people have read this post