GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Dabo for AD.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 20  

Dabo for AD.

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 12:14 AM

The campaign starts tonight!

flag link

Re: Dabo for AD.

[3]
Dec 4, 2021, 12:17 AM

Nah he’s better served at coach

flag link

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 12:17 AM

I would rather have him as a football coach.

2022 orange level member flag link

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 12:18 AM

The campaign starts tonight!

Why?

flag link

Shortest campaign of all time.

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 12:48 AM

We want him as our football coach.

2022 white level member flag link

[3]
Dec 4, 2021, 1:25 AM

Taking a good sports coach that knows little about running a major university Athletic Department and making him AD, tanking both the sport he coached and the whole athletic department. Who does that sound like? Oh yeah, the coots. No thanks.

flag link

Many football coaches have run athletic departments

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 6:59 AM

and coached football at the same time. In fact many of the greatest coaches of all time have done both jobs at the same time.
Bear Bryant
Vince Dooley
Bo Schembeckler (sp?)
Frank Broyles
Frank Howard too I believe
and on and on

flag link

Only had to go back 40-50 years I see

[2]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:01 AM

there's a reason for that you know

flag link

How about Barry Alvarez?***

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:02 AM

flag link

Re: Many football coaches have run athletic departments

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:02 AM

Things were different during the time that those guys wore both hats. You would also have a coach that was his own boss.

flag link

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:05 AM

I’m not advocating it nor am I against it. Just saying it’s been done successfully many times.

flag link

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:17 AM

It has been done successfully but in todays sport environment things have changed dramatically. It would take him away from being able to concentrate on his job as the Head Football Coach and we don’t want or need that. The coaching profession has changed too. Nothing is like it used to be and it never will be.

Let’s let Dabo coach football and hire a AD like we had in Terry Don Phillips who saw the potential in Dabo. Why not POACH Terry Don BACK???????

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

It has been done successfully but in todays sport environment things have changed dramatically. It would take him away from being able to concentrate on his job as the Head Football Coach and we don’t want or need that. The coaching profession has changed too. Nothing is like it used to be and it never will be.

Let’s let Dabo coach football and hire a AD like we had in Terry Don Phillips who saw the potential in Dabo. Why not POACH Terry Don BACK???????

[1]

[2]

I don't think that's Dabo's calling based on what he has always said about coaching and preparing players for football...and life.

2022 purple level member flag link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 7:18 AM

Ditto!!!!!!!!

TNET spent all year fussing about Dabo coaching

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 8:44 AM

now we want him trying to coach football while he's advocating for /managing the many other sports programs at Clemson? I could hear that now! "If was just coaching and not being AD, we'd win by 30!"

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"The internet gave the world a voice....and that voice just whines and complains."

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 8:49 AM

Tell me my sarcasm meter is broken.

2022 orange level member flag link

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:05 AM

I just saw the campaign part--sarcasm meter is offline here.

2022 purple level member flag link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 20  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: For Sale 4 season lower deck football tickets on 40 yd line in Section Q row DD seats 23,25,27,29 (l...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1432 people have read this post