Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curious post about Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Curious post about Brad

Feb 4, 2023, 6:12 PM

Not negative. But since it’s the elephant in the room about how he decides to finish this season, or it’s basically his job IMO, I want to know why exactly he has never been able to get anything done.

Is it his play calling, composure in last minute situations, player/staff relationships?

There’s been very good teams with really talented players, but we’ve only had one real run since Purnell.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious post about Brad

Feb 4, 2023, 6:25 PM

Works both ways in developing and team chemistry. Saying, teams are traditionally better as the season develops. Especially teams like dook, uncheat, uva etc that tend to have freshman playing. Just my take.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious post about Brad

Feb 4, 2023, 6:27 PM

…but not us? Why doesn’t Clemson get better as the season goes, too?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire...

Feb 4, 2023, 6:32 PM

tooth and nail, because a former Tiger great, Coach Barnes recommend him to TDP.

There is no chance in all of hades that Brad won the job laying out his five-year plan that followed, when he took over a well-branded, NC2A team, then did everything he could only to drive it into the dirt.

It's egregious that he's still here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire...

Feb 4, 2023, 6:36 PM

That about sums it up. +1 for the use of the word egregious

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 7:24 PM [ in reply to I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire... ]

You and me both, I even stuck with him taking the T-Net abuse for 10 year after he was hired believing he would turn it around. I'm over him, even if he accidently makes it to the big dance, other than winning the NC, I still hope he's gone shortly after his 1 or 2 and done!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 7:28 PM [ in reply to I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire... ]

I agree 1000%, Monte Lee didn't get that long of a leash, and he was a nice guy also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire... ]

Possibly as inaccurate a statement as could be fabricated:

well-branded, NC2A team, then did everything he could only to drive it into the dirt.

Let's break it down..

Well branded?
Really? As what?
- Purnell won ZERO NCAA games.
- He won early via cupcake preseason then pretty much played slightly above .500 in ACC
- Rarely developed any players
- Relied on gimmick strategy in games of fullcourt pressure and lived or died by that sword

NC2A team.
Sure he got to the tournament
But won ZERO games

Drive it into the dirt?
How?
Sweet 16 run. Never had a leading scorers return the year after leading the team.

I am done. Clemson's basketball fans are way way different than fans of Clemson football who occasionally pay attention to Clemson basketball.

Feb 4, 2023, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I'll play as I defended the Coach Brownell hire... ]

Possibly as inaccurate a statement as could be fabricated:

well-branded, NC2A team, then did everything he could only to drive it into the dirt.

Let's break it down..

Well branded?
Really? As what?
- Purnell won ZERO NCAA games.
- He won early via cupcake preseason then pretty much played slightly above .500 in ACC
- Rarely developed any players
- Relied on gimmick strategy in games of fullcourt pressure and lived or died by that sword

NC2A team.
Sure he got to the tournament
But won ZERO games

Drive it into the dirt?
How?
Sweet 16 run. Never had a leading scorers return the year after leading the team.

I am done. Clemson's basketball fans are way way different than fans of Clemson football who occasionally pay attention to Clemson basketball.

Feb 4, 2023, 7:57 PM

So taking the focus away from when Clemson has been good in the past (which is irrelevant anyways it’s the past), you don’t believe Clemson should have done more in the last 10 years?

Clemson is well branded as a whole, it’s why succeed in all sports often more than not. Recruiting and one of the best fan bases.

With that said, Clemson basketball should have been better, with 1 Sweet 16 appearance and countless close losses.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic