Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Bryson DeChambeau for a gritty win in the 124th US Open. He made
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 20
| visibility 2407

Congrats to Bryson DeChambeau for a gritty win in the 124th US Open. He made

Jun 16, 2024, 7:16 PM

an all time par on the last hole, just after Rory McIlroy missed a similar length putt to fall out of a tie for the lead. It was great theatre, I was hoping for a playoff. But, ultimately, somebody had to win, and somebody had to lose.

Sadly, LIV Golf will trumpet this win to the heavens, just adding to the division in pro golf. It is what it is, I guess. Maybe this will hasten an agreement between the PGA Tour and PIF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to Bryson DeChambeau for a gritty win in the 124th US Open. He made

Jun 16, 2024, 7:18 PM

I felt bad for Rory, but seeing how pumped and how amazing Bryson was after the win, I was glad he won. He has a lot if passion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to Bryson DeChambeau for a gritty win in the 124th US Open. He made

Jun 16, 2024, 7:19 PM

Good for Bryson. Glad he won. He is one of the best. And a great person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 7:24 PM

Great win for Bryson, his tribute to his Dad, all the other fathers he recognized, and the memory of Payne Stewart!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 7:25 PM

Just can’t condone the blood money sell-outs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont like LIV but dont understand why its blood money

Jun 16, 2024, 7:46 PM

I assume you put gas in your car, correct?

Re: I dont like LIV but dont understand why its blood money

Jun 17, 2024, 11:00 AM

I have a Tesla.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 7:48 PM

Bryson hit some great shots and that bunker shot on 18 was epic.

Felt bad for Rory, but he blew 2 short putts or he would have won it. That will be tough for him to handle

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 7:57 PM

1.7% chance to accomplish what he did with that shot.

One of golf channel's Johnson Wagner went out and did it at dusk. Amazing shot

Jun 17, 2024, 1:02 PM

by him too, but also means those odds they come up with on stuff like that is bogus.

Congrats to Bryson DeChambeau

Jun 16, 2024, 8:37 PM

DeChambeau is now the 4th American to win a US Amateur and two or more US Opens. The other 3? Bobby Jones. Jack Nicklaus. Tiger Woods. Good company.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 9:34 PM

Those golfers among us have all been in similar situations as Rory but were only playing for a dollar or two not the US Open. The putt he missed on 16 was inside left with good speed but he hit it too hard and it just grazed the hole. The putt on 18 was also inside left with decent speed and because he hit the one on 16 too hard, he decided to nurse the putt in but took the inside left line and missed. We have all let one putt affect another but it was shocking to see that happen to Rory. There won't be much sleep tonight for Rory.

Jun 17, 2024, 7:42 AM

He's got 'snakes in his head' now that will haunt him a long time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He made a boatload of putts earlier in the day, just to be NEAR the lead. But,

Jun 17, 2024, 4:03 PM

he reverted to his recent form in the Majors down the stretch. The one thing I did NOT understand is the relatively poor iron play from him, that led to some of his putting woes.

Jun 17, 2024, 7:19 AM

Rory will be kicking himself over those 2 short missed putts on 16 and 18 forever.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 17, 2024, 8:29 AM

This is what a major golf tournament should be like, only a handful of players under par at the end.

Jun 17, 2024, 8:33 AM

I hope Bryson, maybe Koepka and a few others make it back to the PGA Tour. The rest have pretty much lost their game in that exhibition league and won't be missed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2024, 10:43 AM

I have never seen someone miss so many fairways into those conditions and continually get up and down. An amazing feat for sure.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jun 17, 2024, 10:56 AM

I wasn’t a fan of DeChambeau prior to the end of the tournament yesterday but I have warmed up to him quite a bit. His personal conduct and his enthusiasm were exemplary in the wake of his victory. I couldn’t help being happy for him. I think he has matured greatly in the last few years. The bunker shot he hit on 18 has to go down as one of the greatest shots in major championship history.

Jun 17, 2024, 2:29 PM

There doesn’t have to be any division between the leagues the sooner you accept both leagues are associated with “blood money” as you anti-liv people call it.

That’s on you.

Jun 17, 2024, 3:01 PM

USA USA USA

He really made 3 GREAT shots to win on that last hole

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 2407
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next