Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Colorado BOR calls public meeting for 6/9.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Colorado BOR calls public meeting for 6/9.

Jun 6, 2023, 11:27 PM

No agenda set yet. But, the rules are the board cannot vote on any issue in executive committee meeting. They had the executive meeting today and immediately announced the public meeting for this Friday. No agenda posted yet. It must be posted 24 hours ahead of meeting.

Rumor mill is in full spin that the meeting is to vote to leave the PAC 12 and join the Big 12.

Just passing the info on for those of you interested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Colorado BOR calls public meeting for 6/9.

Jun 6, 2023, 11:48 PM

Coach Sanders will have a massive impact on this. I hope their voting on this matter isn't important wether he is coach or not.

I know you're probably pulling for him but his system seems extremely toxic. I would be weary of inviting Colorado back after the way they left, even in the shape they're in. They have little to offer in all sports.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record, I'm not pulling for him.

Jun 7, 2023, 6:36 AM

Deion was a great player. And, he has many fine personal characteristics. But, he also has some traits that I do not find at all appealing.

Two things about my position on Deion and Colorado leaving the PAC 12.

1. I am on record as saying I expect Deion to fail. I don't think he will be a long term success as a coach anywhere at the college level. He is to much of "It's all about me. I have to be the center of attention. I have to be the focus point" to have any long term success. That's my opinion.

2. I would be following this story regardless of who the coach is. I'm interested in conference expansion for a few reasons. I'm retired. I have time to surf the net more than most people. I like a good mystery. It's no different than following recruiting and trying to figure out who goes where. Also, I think Big 12 expansion is the first domino that will fall in the chain of dominos that will lead to Clemson and FSU leaving the ACC. So, it does impact my two favorite schools.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2023, 12:14 AM

I heard on Coot radio today that it was Colorado and Arizona heading to the Big-12. But what do the coot radio host really know about anything? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You listen to coot radio??***

Jun 7, 2023, 12:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2023, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Colorado BOR calls public meeting for 6/9. ]

If Arizona goes, ASU will go too. They are joined at the hip per the Arizona legislature.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2023, 8:37 AM

I don’t think Colorado will be successful and it has nothing to do with Deion Sanders.
My sense of the University of Colorado is extreme entitlement is pervasive. It’s like Carolina (the real one), Texas and everything in California. It’s too hard to build an island of accomplishment when you’re surrounded by an ocean of entitlement.
They MIGHT make a splash, they WILL NOT have anything sustainable. Entitlement breeds mediocrity and decay.

Let the PAC 12 burn! I want in the SEC!***

Jun 7, 2023, 10:11 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic