GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Coaches and NIL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5  

Coaches and NIL

[2]
Jan 26, 2022, 6:38 PM

Some coaches like ours make millions. My guess is like Saban (Mercedes) many have invested well, and their millions are now "many" millions.

If needed some could start a NIL for a needed player with their pocket change.

2022 orange level member flag link

"Is there a way to block posters? This guy is weird and his posts are sort of stupid."

I think that would be a terrible idea….conflict of interest as they would

[1]
Jan 26, 2022, 6:44 PM

Be like an employee

flag link

Tell 'em u7c coot, no one knows losing better than you

[4]
Jan 26, 2022, 6:46 PM

30-0

Re: Coaches and NIL

[1]
Jan 26, 2022, 7:03 PM

A hard no.

flag link

Re: Coaches and NIL

[2]
Jan 26, 2022, 7:18 PM

not encouraging that, just saying it is another fun topic to think on.
Tossing a guy like TL some real money would be a solid investment to any coach's future bank account.

"Is there a way to block posters? This guy is weird and his posts are sort of stupid."

It could be done

Jan 27, 2022, 8:04 AM

like Texas figured out. The coach could start a charity and fund it with his own money. The charity could then pay NIL money to players for the use of their name/image. Other donors could also contribute to the charity.

Not too different from Frank Howard's idea of starting IPTAY, except it's all legal now. While IPTAY should have (and probably was) all above the table, the same boosters who contributed to it had other ways to help get players. Other than during the time of Danny Ford and B.C. Inabinet, I don't know if much money was paid under the table by our boosters, but I suspect it was certainly some. I ate in the training dining room daily in the '60s and learned if anybody needed some cash, you could go pick up trash in and around the stadium and get $20 or so most anytime. I have always wondered where that money originated.

I never tried to make spending money that way - found it more fun to play in a band and get paid better.

flag link

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Miami
FOR SALE: 3 seats for Miami in lower level section UN row W, on the 30 yard line. Asking $300 each, also hav...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
958 people have read this post