»
Topic: Coach speak bad, real speak also bad
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 21, 2021, 10:11 AM by: Reckless96®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Coach speak bad, real speak also bad

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 7:54 AM

Coach Elliott gets his chops busted for giving a "coach's answer" over why our offense looked not do great against GT.

Meanwhile, Dabo gives a fairly straight-up answer on why LJD was getting less snaps (he was in the doghouse) and people lose their minds that a coach would say that about a player.

Do you want more "coach-like" answers that are vague and don't answer the question? Or do you want the actual truth from coaches?

flag link

Re: Coach speak bad, real speak also bad

[3]
Sep 21, 2021, 7:56 AM

Lol. You can't win with the tiger net crazies

flag link

Sep 21, 2021, 8:44 AM

No matter who you are or where you live, there will always be critics.

2021 purple level member flag link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 8:03 AM

I get your point, but in reality both of those answers are very vague. Saying a guy needs to "grow up" does not answer much - there are a lot of ways in which a person can grow up. That being said, I'm not terribly upset with either answer given. I don't feel I am entitled to know every inner working of a coach's mindset or what is going on in a locker room.

flag link

People are crazy man.. ..but

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 8:05 AM

God is great and beer is good. So....

2021 white level member flag link

I think the same people who don't like coach speak

Sep 21, 2021, 8:37 AM

are the ones who didn't have a problem with what Dabo said.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 10:07 AM

The truth, of course.

Coach speak is boring and useless most of the time. It usually serves to protect coaches from having to say anything meaningful, i.e. tell the truth.

Dabo getting trashed for being honest about Lyn-J was almost as predictable as it was ridiculous. I'll never fault a coach for giving his honest opinion.

The last thing I do (or would) care about is hurting people's feelings by telling truth. It might be sometimes inconvenient and uncomfortable, but "oh well" that's life.

2021 purple level member flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: 2 tickets together on the aisle (Section N, Row Z) and 1 ticket with a Seatback on the row 3 rows be...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
913 people have read this post