Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Club fitting in Greenville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,194

Club fitting in Greenville

Aug 6, 2022, 11:34 PM

What's the best place in or near Greenville for a good club fitting at a good price? I'm ikely not buying immediately so credit towards purchase will not be much of a factor. Probably will get a lightly used second hand set and get as close to what fits as possible. Leaning towards the Callaway Apex or Apex Pro without any knowledge yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Club fitting in Greenville

Aug 7, 2022, 7:06 AM

*Former club fitter here
I highly suggest going to Golf Galaxy on Woodruff Rd.
Go back to the hitting bay and ask to hit some balls on the simulator.
No need to pay for a fitting! (we use to do them free all day every day).
Club Set Up: I have fit hundreds of golfers and 95% of them need REGULAR Flex Graphite Shafts. They are easier to hit, more forgiving, and Regular flex is Regular flex no matter if it's graphite or steel shafts-don't let anyone tell you any different!

If you are looking at the REGULAR Calloway Apex, GREAT Choice! as that is what I use. The Apex Pro ain't for us amateurs, too hard to hit and you won't like playing with them. The Calloway Rouge is a good choice as well.
If you don't feel like paying $1300 for a new set, definitely check out the pre-owned section. Also, Wilson makes a compatible set but forget the name of them.

Aug 7, 2022, 9:22 AM

*Former scratch player, Assembling clubs for 50 years
Highly agree with previous post.
Most golfers play with too stiff shafts - it's an ego thing, like carrying a 1-iron back in the old days. (Yes, I carried one - used it to mark clublength relief or to hold up during lightning storms as Trevino advised)
Get some game improvement iron with a big clubface, and a driver with enough loft.

Good luck.

Aug 7, 2022, 9:30 PM

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2022, 9:32 PM

Never got to scratch but got close in my early 20's, about 15 years ago. Last time I played 5 years ago I was about a 6. Only been to the range twice (in the last week) since. Playing 1996 Big Bertha irons currently lol.

Aug 7, 2022, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Club fitting in Greenville ]

I agree about flexes but isn't there a kick point aspect that factors in to this too?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2022, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Club fitting in Greenville ]

Thanks, will do. Yeah I was thinking Apex regular or at most a combo set with the shorter irons Pro. Probably not Pro full set. I was pretty decent at one point and am just getting back into it but can sweet spot the shorter irons pretty consistently. Golf Galaxy it is!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic