Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Ranked #22, BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Clemson Ranked #22, BUT

Nov 28, 2021, 6:09 PM

In my opinion Clemson should be ranked at least 5 positions higher. A #17 ranking would be much closer to reality.

Here are the teams we are better than that are ranked higher than us IMO.

14 Utah (9-3) 16 Pac-12 667

18 Wake Forest (10-2) 21 ACC 485

19 San Diego State (11-1) 22 Mountain West 416

20 Louisiana-Lafayette (11-1) 23 Sun Belt 317

21 North Carolina State (9-3) 24 ACC 310

I realize NC State beat us in OT in week 4 but we are a better team now and would beat them now. And we proved head to head just two weeks ago that we are better than Wake Forest. If LA Lafayette or San Diego St. were in any power five conference they both have a couple more losses. They're weak conference schedule should be considered significantly.

With that being said. I don't think there is a team in the top 12 or 13 that we could beat. We just don't have the QB this year to compete with top programs. Even a good win at Williams Bryce last night would have been a loss against (pick any top twelve team). USC couldn't take advantage of our mistakes. They just don't have the talent yet. I'll give DJ 4 games max next year to start playing like he did against Notre Dame last year or else. No more wins by the skin of out teeth and last second losses because of below average of average QB play. If he is not significantly improved he gets benched for the best QB on the roster. Whether it's Cade Klubnik, Helms or Taison. I don't care. This was a very difficult season to watch and stomach. GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I repeat, again and again, our ranking right now doesn't

Nov 28, 2021, 6:20 PM

mean ANYTHING. It doesn't bring us dollars, or anything else. We are attractive to bowls because of our fanbase that has proven it is more than willing to travel to bowl sites and bolster the local economies. This in addition to our team putting on a great show on the field.

Even if we WERE ranked the highest you say, it would change absolutely nothing. It would not be near enough to get us a NY6 bowl, which frankly, we do not deserve this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I repeat, again and again, our ranking right now doesn't

Nov 28, 2021, 6:27 PM

76er® said:

mean ANYTHING. It doesn't bring us dollars, or anything else. We are attractive to bowls because of our fanbase that has proven it is more than willing to travel to bowl sites and bolster the local economies. This in addition to our team putting on a great show on the field.

Even if we WERE ranked the highest you say, it would change absolutely nothing. It would not be near enough to get us a NY6 bowl, which frankly, we do not deserve this year.

Agree 100%

What folks should be saying is: Clemson in a bad year has a chance at double-digit wins! That should scare the "blank" out of the folks who know it's just a matter of a few tweaks and Clemson is back to dominance!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 6:51 PM

I agree partially. Yes a few tweaks at Wide Receiver and O-line. But you know if you're honest we need more than a few tweaks at QB. DJ has got to show drastic improvement by game four of next year. We can't afford to be 2 wins and 2 losses after the first four weeks next year. We got behind the 8 ball so early this year that no matter how good we finished the season it wasn't enough to help out in the top 25 rankings because we dropped out because of pathetic offensive showings (mainly QB play) by week five. Too many close games in wins and losses that should have been blowouts. Do you agree?

Nov 28, 2021, 6:31 PM [ in reply to I repeat, again and again, our ranking right now doesn't ]

Yes it does mean something. It would have a lot to do with whether we go to Orlando instead of Jacksonville for a Bowl game. Which Bowl would you rather go to, the Gator Bowl or the Cheez-it Bowl? Which one pays more? Which one is more prestigious?

The Cheezit pays a little more but not by much

Nov 28, 2021, 8:54 PM

Other than expense allowance the $ all goes to conference pot to be re-divided. So that is really irrelevant. It would depend on the matchup as far as which one I’d prefer we go to. Ranking won’t determine which one that is- Holiday, Cheezit and Gator are all the same tier and the conf a and bowls will work together to get the best matchups in those to avoid recent rematches and from the same team going back to a city/bowl they’ve been to recently.

Nov 28, 2021, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I repeat, again and again, our ranking right now doesn't ]

Re: Clemson Ranked #22, BUT

Nov 28, 2021, 9:32 PM

I don’t know what y’all watch!
Yes DJ mad some bad games!
He had a lot of help from bad O line play and receivers dropping balls!
If you can’t see the improvement all over the field in the last 4 games Then you just can’t see!
Clemson can play with and beat any team in the country right now!!!
When DJ is leading Clemson to a natty please do not jump on the All In Train

Re: Clemson Ranked #22, BUT

Nov 28, 2021, 9:34 PM

Looks like a top 15 team to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic