Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson originallly exited the Southern Conference because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,224

Clemson originallly exited the Southern Conference because

Jul 4, 2022, 7:13 AM

of major differences of opinion about football. (Southern Conference ban on their teams playing in bowl games after the 1951 season.)

Now, it is time to exit the ACC for the same reason. The poorly negotiated ACC TV contract will eventually have a major negative impact on Clemson football. Dabo Swinney is a GREAT recruiter, but even he will not continue to succeed when these other conferences have FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR more than Clemson to allocate at least partially to football.

Or, if we find that neither of the "Big Two" want Clemson, then at least we have that knowledge going forward. Dabo would find a way to use that to our advantage somewhat, in recruiting. But, either way, NOW is the time to find out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson originallly exited the Southern Conference because

Jul 4, 2022, 8:40 AM

I see it like this. During my younger years, when I had the opportunity to improve myself and family, and if it was right (always some risk), I took it. Only once during my career did a contract impact what I wanted to do. As a result, I consulted a couple knowledgeable business people and developed an alternate plan that eventually ended up with what I wanted to do. It worked and the rest is history.

If Clemson thinks it's best for the University and University family to leave the ACC, I have no problem with it. If they feel the ACC is where to be, I have no problem with that.

I just hope the ACC compared to the Super Converences doesn't end up like the Southern Conference is to the current ACC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson originallly exited the Southern Conference because

Jul 4, 2022, 8:58 AM

Perfect analogy when you think of the impact( or lack of impact) the ACC will have on college football. It’s definitely about money but to me personally I do not want to be left out of the path to the playoffs.

We would be the new Southern Conference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,224
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic