Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Needs To Be Clemson...Eff Everything Else ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Clemson Needs To Be Clemson...Eff Everything Else ---

Jul 3, 2022, 7:46 PM

At this point I really wouldn't mind taking a little page out of Notre Dame's book.

SEC may not want us because we are capable of beating the SEC so called big boys with less revenue....etc... That kind of makes them look bad. Lol..... good.

Now...if Clemson can become an Independent in football and schedule all whoever we can East ..West...North and of course South and win consistently...... Clemson can make more because we'll be even more nationally known because we're playing almost everyone respectable except the last game against Chickenlina. We will continue to play them.... they're just not respectable.

Anyway....it will show recruits it's Clemson against the rest of college football world and we could still be challenging for playoffs and The National Championships. The revenue would definitely help Lil O Clemson and their other departments on campus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Needs To Be Clemson...Eff Everything Else ---

Jul 3, 2022, 7:50 PM

The reason ND has remained independent was because off the deal the ACC gave them, offering 5 games per season. Prior to that the ACC was about to go to a 9 game conference schedule.

Don’t expect any conference to be dumb enough to offer that to an independent again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2022, 7:52 PM

Notre Dame by having a national fanbase for decades and previously the NBC contract is a different animal than Clemson.

Clemson needs the TV revenue and that will not be there as an independent, so don't see that happening at all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Had To Start From Somewhere --

Jul 3, 2022, 8:09 PM

They built up those decades of success.
As Dabo says.....""Why not us ""

We're approaching a new era.... however we may not somewhat fit in everybody's little plan anymore. So we create our own plan just like we created our own culture. We would of course have to continue to do our part and win. We are in my opinion on another level now with what we put on the field compared to Notre Dame.

Let all the other departments of Clemson stay in the ACC or wherever. I think our football program can sustain itself if we keep winning.
When we do win we will share our winning$ with Clemson.

Re: Notre Dame Had To Start From Somewhere --

Jul 3, 2022, 8:43 PM

We’re definitely way better than Notre Dame on the football field, but Clemson unlike ND does not have the national fan base that Notre Dame has as the de facto Catholic national university.

Notre Dame actually has a small student body and alumni base, but has a national fan base.

I like your faith in Clemson football, but don’t think we become an independent in football.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2022, 8:38 PM

The reason Notre Dame is independent is because they are Notre Dame. We can't get big names to come to Clemson now, so how would that change if we were independent?

Jul 3, 2022, 9:18 PM

What we need is for the rest of the ACC to take football seriously. Duke, Heels, UVA, Cuse care little about becoming a force in the conference, we have the U, FSU and VT is a long-long lull, if these three teams were performing like their glory days - all would be fine.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic