Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is top 3 period in football, we won’t get left out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Clemson is top 3 period in football, we won’t get left out

Jul 3, 2022, 7:22 PM

If we want to move conferences we won’t get left out because of our last 11 years and strong history before that.

Clemson is a National Big Boy in Football power anyway you look at it, we will help drive revenue and power!

We have been nothing short of great!

Let’s go be great because we can and we have the talent and coaches!

Love this by Dabo, his vision and faith separates us from the rest!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Clemson is top 3 period in football, we won’t get left out

Jul 3, 2022, 7:35 PM

Exactly why I would hate to join the SEC. Much more in favor of ACC expansion with teams that share our culture. We won't get left behind. Just see how it plays out. Win the natty this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2022, 10:13 PM

I would prefer a world where children didn’t go hungry and unicorns were as prevalent as horses, but alas I’ve resigned myself to reality

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is top 3 period in football, we won’t get left out ]

Good point Clemgalalways® ... Clemson would likely be #4 in academic ratings in SEC behind Vandy, UGA, and UF. But #1 in SEC Engineering ahead of Auburn and MS State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah because that’s how it always works

Jul 3, 2022, 8:12 PM

Dabo will be the first to tell you that last year’s touchdowns don’t win this year’s football games. Our recent success has put us in a position to be relevant in the present nothing about the future is guaranteed. Our leaders need to make great decisions today because I think the next few years will determine the next few decades of Clemson football. I’m extremely proud of what the program has accomplished over the last decade but I don’t think we, and our league, are on very stable ground. Just because you’re elite doesn’t mean you’re always gonna be elite; we don’t have to go back very far to see that. In the 70’s Oklahoma was the dominate team, they’re good now but have never won a playoff game. In the 80’s it was all about Nebraska; I don’t think I need to go on with this one. In the 90s it was either FSU or Miami; neither is sniffing the playoff right now.
The operating model of college football is changing; these two conferences are attempting to consolidate power at the behest and support of two major TV networks. All FOX and ESPN care about is content; they were intimately involved with this round of expansion and will continue to do so. We are hamstrung by the GOR and the TV contract that will be paying us half of what other major teams will make for over a decade. If something doesn’t change about that, and we are on the outside, the teams outspending us will just wait us out until the unbalanced field takes it’s toll. Again this isn’t panic it’s a cold statement of the current variables. Money is important to success in any endeavor; unless something happens to change the course we will be put at a significant disadvantage vs our competitors.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my opinion ESPN won’t be able to honor these contracts

Jul 3, 2022, 10:11 PM

TV & games are watched & paid for differently now, I personally don’t think Disney/ESPN will be able to continue with the economy tanking, cable going out & the NIL taking advertising dollars & decreasing revenues.

We will have big changes coming in this country over the next 1 year to 2 years as Russia goes back in hibernation and Revival stretches from the West of America to the East in my opinion, Dabo might even have another calling to be a minister.

Our needs and wants will change with the times. Clemson will survive but I don’t think we ever see sports as popular as they were the last 30 years. We’ve lost the innocence of College football with the free for all rules.

I’ll be pulling for Clemson to keep doing the great things Dabo has envisioned for our student athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: In my opinion ESPN won’t be able to honor these contracts

Jul 3, 2022, 10:27 PM

So you’re basically predicting a book of revelation type change in CFB. We’ll if that’s true, and the four horseman ride triumphantly, then all hail the new champions; Notre Dame!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 1:07 AM

Just giving my opinion not predicting anything. I do believe we are on the cusp of revival like never before because I’ve seen what is happening across this country especially on the west coast.

It’s amazing how God has been moving on the hearts of Americans, it’s incredible how many have been saved in LA, San Francisco and in Oregon.

The American Indians out west have been having revival with healings, people accepting Christ as Lord an Savior in numbers they have never seen. So many have quit drinking, doing drugs and quit addictive gambling habits.

I believe it will roll eastward too. It’s my opinion it’s exactly what America needs to change our country for the better. It’s also amazing to see what’s happening in Pittsburgh with Johnathan Shuttlesworth’s church growing by the day, Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC also.

Personally, I’m praying for people to have freedom from drugs, addiction, be healed and saved by Gods mighty hand. It’s amazing to see the love ones of friends they thought were lost to addiction be set free instantly.

In my opinion we have two races in America, those who are saved for eternity and those who aren’t, I’m praying for those who aren’t to have amazing freedom in Jesus.

All who believe should pray for Revival in America, the greatest country ever in my opinion.

Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 4, 2022, 8:46 AM [ in reply to In my opinion ESPN won’t be able to honor these contracts ]

That's spot on. People's priorities are changing as this world is changing so rapidly, not incrementally, as was the norm. People will not support young kids worth millions when they are struggling to put food on the table and gas in their vehicles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Yeah because that’s how it always works

Jul 3, 2022, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Yeah because that’s how it always works ]

Truth!!

Jul 3, 2022, 8:29 PM

We had the best talent and had almost no injuries when we won in 81. In 16 and 18, we had once in a generation quarterbacks and played great games in the Playoffs. This is 2022 and the light of our championship in 18 is getting dim. The world is a what have you done today world so this season is absolutely huge for us.

Jul 3, 2022, 10:20 PM

I wouldn’t panic.

Let’s say Clemson and Florida State get left behind.

They could join the new Pac-12/Big-12 merger.

So imagine a league with Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, BYU, Baylor, Cincinnati, Utah, TCU, Louisville, Pitt and Baylor.

Frankly, I think that might be a better football league than the ACC has been for many years now.

Jul 3, 2022, 10:22 PM

And Kansas State, Colorado and Arizona State.

Miami?***

Jul 4, 2022, 1:13 AM

Jul 4, 2022, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is top 3 period in football, we won’t get left out ]

and add UNC as a program that’s just as strong as UCLA.

I know UCLA is a huge TV market but I don’t know if anybody in LA watches UCLA football.

One constant you can always count on is how absolutely

Jul 4, 2022, 12:37 PM

GREAT Clemson football looks on television. Our home games are second to none in terms of visuals and atmosphere - even when we're not competing for playoff berths and championships. We are a broadcaster's wet dream for a three plus hour production, and you can rest assured that the media rights holders are doing their part to see that we are in the prime time discussions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Success-wise we are.

Jul 4, 2022, 1:13 PM

In a lot of other areas we probably aren't even top 10 or 20 though.

I think our recent/current success is enough to get us a seat at the big boy table right now, but we certainly aren't as attractive of an expansion option as Texas, USC, and others despite our much greater success.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic