Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is behind in the NIL “program”…do we have anything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Clemson is behind in the NIL “program”…do we have anything

Jan 26, 2022, 6:46 PM

In the works as to our players like I am sure most programs are working on right now ? As in another “IPTAY” to pay players ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u7c coot, no one knows losing better than you

Jan 26, 2022, 6:50 PM

Everyone is so tired of you posting that every time***

Jan 26, 2022, 7:10 PM

Jan 26, 2022, 8:41 PM

fno

Re: Clemson is behind in the NIL “program”…do we have anything

Jan 26, 2022, 6:51 PM

Neff had mentioned something in his presser about being on top of these new issues but did not go into what that may be. Got to figure they have something that will address this before too long.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Jan 26, 2022, 7:06 PM

Illegal.

It’s not illegal as the long as the university doesn’t do it, I am saying

Jan 26, 2022, 7:12 PM

Having a NIL “IPTAY” separate from the university….but you you would have to work with the university also

Jan 26, 2022, 8:42 PM

Jan 26, 2022, 7:27 PM

no one here knows jack about where we are on NIL. so dont act like you know we are behind

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2022, 11:20 PM

I think that is the problem. We don't know Jack about Clemson NIL, but we know all about aTm, Texas, and UGA NIL.

Jan 27, 2022, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is behind in the NIL “program”…do we have anything ]

It’s a fair statement, the big time schools are making sure they pay everyone, all recruits that they want through these funds, we are not, we know this from what our recruits and parents have said. Go back to the Trevor ETN article where we interview him and his mom: “Tony explained it and said you have the top one percent, or one player on that team in that position, who is really going to be able to capitalize on the NIL,” Etienne said. “And then you have another two or three percent that can work some deals in their hometown or around the school, but then you have 85 percent of the team that probably won't get looked at because they don't have that type of recognition. It breaks it down to the players and the parents, and it says that not only do you have the opportunity to make money, but you have to still go to class and study because you are a student-athlete. And then you might have to worry about taxes if you reach a certain tax bracket, so it prepares you more for the world before you graduate college.”

Sounds to me what our coaches are telling recruits is you probably won’t make much, while other schools
Are making sure they make whatever they need to enroll. Not saying right or wrong, but the OP isn’t wrong, we are not being as aggressive as even our little sisters down in Columbia, not an opinion but a fact— just read those quotes from someone being recruited (was).

The baseball boys used to be "Naturally Fresh"

Jan 26, 2022, 7:35 PM

not so sure anymore. The Brooks' family that owned Hooters are Clemson folk & are still around I think.

How do you know he are "behind in NIL"? You don't think the

Jan 27, 2022, 4:51 AM

football operation has lots of NIL stuff going on behind the scene? I would be surprised if not!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neff said it was his top priority when promoted to AD

Jan 27, 2022, 8:29 AM

but what would he know about it? Clearly nothing as he hasn't told us everything

Jan 27, 2022, 7:06 AM

Why do you say we are behind? The only schools boasting and making NIL's public knowledge it seems to me are the schools with ethical problems and/or culture issues.
Clemson and Dabo are way more intelligent in my opinion. You know Clemson has NIL money! Come on man.....They are not going to want our competition, the other schools knowing the ins and outs of our NIL. I AM CERTAIN that we are being competitive in the NIL market, but no matter what we do we will never have the same NIL opportunities as some of the other schools.
These young men that are just all about making the most NIL money and not concerned with anything else regarding collegiate choice are not the right fit in the established culture we have anyways. We want CLEMSON MEN, not anything less.

If we had that much money or NIL 's going we would hear

Jan 27, 2022, 8:25 AM

about it, and you would want other recruits all over the country to know we have NIL money.....not keep it quiet.

Jan 27, 2022, 7:54 AM

Their are plenty of Tiger fans who can help with the NIL but no matter how much money was put into it, it would never be enough as bigger schools & markets will have more money.

We can’t complete if market & money are the most important factors but we do have a great coach.

This will eventually destroy the innocence of college football unless they put limits & rules in effect.

Many fans will chose to cheer for high schools or professional teams depending on the competitive fairness in my Opinion.

The fans are the ones being left out $$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

You made the statement that Clemson is behind.

Jan 27, 2022, 8:11 AM

How do you know?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC I have have heard other schools working on a NIL program

Jan 27, 2022, 8:27 AM

heck even the Shamecocks are working on one.......Hear Arkansas is about to get DEEP into it also with the money they have from Big time corporations there.

Re: BC I have have heard other schools working on a NIL program

Jan 27, 2022, 10:20 AM

Because you have heard other schools are “working on one”…
Yet we don’t know what it is…or what success may or may not come from it.

And you don’t know what Clemson is doing behind the scenes.

But… “Clemson is behind.”

Okayyyy….

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell us exactly why you think Clemson is behind.

Jan 27, 2022, 8:48 AM

Just do me 2 favors when doing so:

Don't parrot any message board rumors and use facts only.

Being that this isn't publicly made available info, this should be real good!

we almost needed a "good ole boy" AD that can wheel and deal

Jan 27, 2022, 9:21 AM

maybe not a millennial who said on day one that he wanted to tackle the tough issues like covid protocols...after i read that about Neff on his first statement i was like ugghh..not another covid policeman (we have enough of those) and please don't let that be your priority.

And to be clear, this was just first impressions. I don't know the guy or have never met him. Maybe i'm wrong on both fronts. For us to compete for championships, i hope i'm wrong. But to say we need to prioritize covid tells me he wasn't thrilled with the prior handling of it and wants to be more vigilant. That tact can't be productive. Dude just focus on fundraising and putting the best product on the field/court/diamond... let McMaster handle all the protocol stuff.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic