GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Clemson in the SEC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 4  

Clemson in the SEC

[1]
Jul 4, 2022, 8:33 PM

Would be a real boost to college football. I think that it will happen.... sooner than later. What amazing games we would get to watch. An SEC league like the one being formed likely will have NO undefeated team!
Clemson likely will have no 14 and 0 season but laugh all the way to the bank!

flag link

Re: Clemson in the SEC

[1]
Jul 4, 2022, 8:40 PM

I'm laughing at the fubo TV ad for PAC12 network under your post. That didn't age well.

flag link

Re: Clemson in the SEC

[1]
Jul 4, 2022, 9:44 PM

The games would be incredible.

Undefeated would be quite remarkable

We would kick butt

flag link

Regarding no 14-0 season, like someone said on the radio

[1]
Jul 4, 2022, 11:18 PM

the other day, you get a mulligan or two just for being in the SEC. Not to mention, we might need to add about 10,000 seats to Death Valley. I know that attendance throughout the nation has been rather stagnant in recent years, and adding seating is rare these days, but we would need to just because of the increase in visiting fans alone. Add that Clemson has been increasing enrollment in recent years and continues to do so gradually, and the need for at least 90,000 seems about right.

Still, my preference would be an ACC that was viable and had an equal path to the playoff as the BIG and SEC, a big three if you will. If that is not possible and it seems that is the case, the next best option is whoever issues an invite BIG or SEC.

flag link

Re: Regarding no 14-0 season, like someone said on the radio

[2]
Jul 4, 2022, 11:25 PM

I agree with you. I'd love for the ACC to survive. But the revenue numbers show that the B1G and the SEC are separating out from the other conferences. The ACC, as currently constituted, can't compete with those revenue streams. So, the programs that are able to get out of the ACC must get out...it's about survival.

flag link

Replies: 4  
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1393 people have read this post