Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,108

Clemson Football

Jan 27, 2022, 6:21 PM

I saw where we got Bo Nix's, formerly of Auburn, brother on a preferred walkon deal. I watched him some on film and he is very good. Accurate, with long and intermediate throws. Good runner. We may have gotten a steal from Division 2 schools. I know it is a highlight film but he has arm strength and touch. Welcome to the Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the Portal had not already made me so jaded, but what

Jan 27, 2022, 6:27 PM

almost certainly will happen here is that he comes in, enjoys Big Time college life, keeps his nose clean and learns our system for a year, maybe two at the most, and then, it's "Portal, Rico's time is NOW", and PFTTT, he'll be gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish the Portal had not already made me so jaded, but what

Jan 27, 2022, 6:47 PM

You're probably right 76er®.

The roster-management game appears to be trending towards having the right mix of players to create 'operational depth' for one season at a time.

If Baby Nix stays with us and develops into someone who can be a Chase Brice kind of guy, then maybe we can get a win or two out of him in his first three years before he Portals on down the road.

Heck, if we end up getting a single W as a result of his play before he transfers, then Baby Nix will be a win as far as an 'investment.'

That of course means that we will be a training ground for QBs, but we seem to be able to attract very good players at this position. The value of having quality depth is worth the cost of developing that depth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,108
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic