Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLEMSON FOOTBALL 2024
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2200

CLEMSON FOOTBALL 2024

Jun 13, 2024, 3:00 PM

Saw this from a die hard fan and agree. What do yall experts think at this point?

===============

Football has changed so much and so fast - it aint the same.
Even the NFL has some rules, college does not.

Like all, Clemson is paying players. We can't pay as much as we are not big, don't have a big alum/fan base.
Our conference is getting half the TV $$ of Big 10 and SEC. Clemson is attempting to get out of the ACC, but that might not be possible.
Money rules and we have much less.

Clemson is the only team not using the transfer portal. If you have the money, you can buy a new team there each year as many successfully did last season. There is no incentive to bring in an untested guy from high school if you can get an older "proven" player.

Preseason lists by "experts" have Clemson around #15. Most have Florida State and Miami ahead of us in the ACC.
Those have teams assembled with huge $ from the transfer portal. That is important this year as winning a conference is an automatic Playoff spot.

-- The Clemson "D" line has by far the least experience in the ACC. We do have some young players who can play. These are good kids who will be tested and will respond.
-- The Clemson linebackers are soild, best we have had in a while.
-- The Clemson corners and safties are OK.
-- The CLEMSON "D" will not be the best we have had, but will be good. I am not worried as to defense.

-- The Clemson "O" line needs to be better than the last couple years, don't think it is.
-- The Clemson running backs will be less without Will Shipley. We have proven power in Mafah and possibly some speed in a couple new guys. Mafah is not a deep threat, but has power. I believe he will be used to control the ball using short yardage plays. He will need to stay healthy.
-- Receivers have been mostly missing for a few years. If there are any super stars, they have yet to reveal. Tight end is a plus. Until I see different, have to assume things will again be geared toward short yardage plays.
-- The QB got a lot of grief from media and fans last season. That was not entirely fair as the entire "O" was not to brag on. I am not worried as to the QB. With a little help from those around him, he can be a star.

-- Coaching is good as they have experience and knowledge. They are as good as any in the nation.

The schedule is normal. Away games at Georgia, Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Pitt will be hard to win. Louisville and NC State will be a challenge, but we get them at home.

No one thinks we can beat Georgia or Florida State. 10-2 could get us into the Playoff. Most teams don't even dream as to 10-2, but this Tiger 2024 group is not most teams.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Re: CLEMSON FOOTBALL 2024

Jun 13, 2024, 3:06 PM

I'm more of an Ex-Spurt than an expert....Just Sayin'

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2024, 3:07 PM

Whoever wrote that doesn't seem to be very clued in to where we stand, both in NIL, and revenue in general, if he doesn't believe we have the money to both compete at the top of the NIL, but also getting out of the ACC.

In regard to the defense, we were fairly young last year, and managed to field the 8th best defense in terms of Total D. Those young kids not have a year in the system, and I would expect us to be around the same as we return 8 starters.

On offense, I won't disagree there's a lot of progression that needs to occur, but thankfully, it's not a matter of not having the talent, but having it finally click for those players.

While many don't expect us to be Georgia, it's been more of a toss up in regard to FSU due to them heavily leaning into the transfer portal ( nearly 20 players both in and out), and not really having a clue as to what type of team they'll have. DJU in the spring game looked eerily similar to the DJU we all know and love, and that's not a good thing. 10-2 or 11-1 is well within reach.

Exactly. Bunch of hot air.***

Jun 13, 2024, 6:07 PM

Saw this from a die hard fan and agree.

Jun 13, 2024, 4:26 PM

Looks like it is still too early to talk football with casual fans.
Most don't yet have their marching orders.

the tug abides

Re: Saw this from a die hard fan and agree.

Jun 13, 2024, 5:30 PM

Clemson born, Clemson bred and when I die I will be Clemson dead! Goooooo Tigers!!

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2024, 4:48 PM

I'm no expert but I think everything he said regarding Clemson and NIL/Portal is pretty accurate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the we cant pay as much is a lie . absolutely wrong

Jun 13, 2024, 5:07 PM

end of story

end of story

Jun 13, 2024, 5:33 PM

You seem to have a lot of anger. Maybe YOU are the only expert and see others as ??

Not the end of story as us less than you will have fun as to it over Summer.

the tug abides

10-2 wont get us in unless we win conference***

Jun 13, 2024, 5:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way to know that. Depends on so many things.***

Jun 13, 2024, 6:08 PM

Re: No way to know that. Depends on so many things.***

Jun 13, 2024, 6:13 PM

Too early to say that. This will be an exciting season.

the tug abides

I tend to agree, based on last year if nothing else. I think a 9-3 ESPN team

Jun 13, 2024, 7:10 PM [ in reply to 10-2 wont get us in unless we win conference*** ]

would get in over us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is it's a pretty vanilla assessment Tug

Jun 13, 2024, 10:16 PM

Not saying its wrong. Saying it does not allow for any upside from 2023.

If Clemson is going to crank it up, the upside will come from these ares:

1) Cade Klubnik will play loose with a a renewed level of confidence like the h.s. All-American, state champion and top Elite 11 QB he was when he arrived at Clemson.
2) Dabo and Riley will open up the Offense with some mid-range and long passes to compliment Mafah and the short game.
3) Luke will develop the current o-line and put the best five guys on the field in the right positions. Lots of opportunities for improvement with o-line from a technique and health perspectives.
4) Cade, Briningstool, and one or two of the receivers will become stars this season. Mafah will be rock solid with toughness and few turnovers. A young RB will surprise.
5) The Defense will remain in the national Top 10 in terms of total yards, total scoring and generating turnovers. Peter Woods, TJ Parker, and Barrett Carter will have All-American seasons. Woodaz and sophomore DBs will excel as all-conference players. DTs will play at same or higher level than 2023 squad.

I believe all this could happen. Lots of upside with this 2024 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2024, 10:32 PM

Underestimating our WR's.

Jun 13, 2024, 10:33 PM

I think that most people think we can beat FSU and that nobody really knows.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2200
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic