GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Clemson could be in the best possible position…
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8  

Clemson could be in the best possible position…

[4]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:06 PM

Now that the line has been drawn and it is almost certain that college football is going to 2 major conferences, we are the last big fish available. I don’t really care what ND does. As far as football goes, we are more relevant than them right now, and football is driving this vehicle. We might end up in a bidding war between SEC and B1G.

Feels nice.

2022 white level member flag link

Feels nice but we better go to the SEC.

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:08 PM

The MATCHUPS are what will drive TV audiences. I don't care about playing UCLA. They're no better than Wake Forest.

Neither is 1/3 of the SEC!***

[3]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link

Doesn't matter.

[1]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:16 PM

SOUTHERN Football is KING!

Re: Doesn't matter.

[3]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:19 PM

Don't believe we are a better prize than ND to conferences. ND has been on the national scene a whole lot longer than us. Just the name will add prominence.

2022 orange level member flag link

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:35 PM

True, but football is pretty great in the midwest too. I live here in SC, but lived in the midwest for several years after college, and I was impressed.

Now, what you say is true regarding the west coast - I just don't think they care. But I think that a lot of the midwest matchups would be a lot of fun.

flag link

[1]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:44 PM

I would rather play southern teams because it’s less travel money spent, easier for our teams to prepare on road games, and I’ve always wanted to beat the crap out of Florida in the swamp. I don’t really care about playing at Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc.

I don't think your logic is that far off

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:42 PM

It would benefit the Big and Fox to have a southern pipeline for tv as well as recruiting. I think Clemson, FSU, Miami offer a huge potential there. Conversely ESPN and SEC would want to protect their monopoly on the south. Maybe not a bidding war, but definitely a bargaining chip.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Clemson could be in the best possible position…

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 12:44 PM

Sorry, but to the networks and other media, we will never be Notre Dame but we would certainly bring football value to any conference.

flag link

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 great seats in Section P, row O. These are around 45 yd line. $2200 for the pair

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1633 people have read this post