Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Chad Morris

Sep 27, 2021, 11:18 AM

I know Morris isn’t a favorite of some on this board but I can’t help but think this team is 4-0 if Morris was OC. Think back to when he was here: he continually made adjustments, used tempo to keep defenses on their toes, the offense was fluid during a game. That said, this team would still have a lot of the same weaknesses but I really believe Morris would have found a way around a lot of them. Not at all saying he would make this a championship caliber team; just that we wouldn’t be 2-2 with an offense outside the top 100.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe ANY decent "outsider" play-caller without the.....

Sep 27, 2021, 11:27 AM

"insider attitude" of "we do what we do" would likely have different results right now.

a fresh set of eyes, different point of view, not having "grown up" in the Clemson culture may be what this program needs right now. I'm not saying fire TE, but SOMEBODY with a different perspective from outside the protective Clemson culture could be a good thing.

Spiller, grisham, streeter, elliott, stoudt, boyd, austin (backing up caldwell)..........there's an obvious common denominator in all them and I'm not sure that's the best thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris

Sep 27, 2021, 11:28 AM

That is one of the better post I’ve read We would be 4 and 0 with Chad When he took over we had no o line no great RB and no generational QB He had eye candy going on throw back to QB used the tight ends big time to block catch and even run the football Defenses were on their heels He would pull you off side like NCState did us 2 and 2 and 4 and 0’is the difference in a creative off cord and just a play caller of someone else’s offense

Sep 27, 2021, 12:17 PM

You do know Tajh is the only offensive skill player that saw the field for Morris' first two seasons that didn't go on to play in the NFL right?

That includes an entire 2 deep at WR including 2 first round draft picks.

That includes a RB who started several years in the NFL.

That includes a TE who started multiple years in the NFL.

You've got to be kidding about Morris doing more with less right?

Chad Morris ran one type of offense.

Sep 27, 2021, 11:32 AM

Nothing changed his mind. He lost games because he couldn't or refused to design a scheme to fit Cole's talent level and skill set. Tony and Jeff made that perfectly clear right after Chad left. Chad spent every waking moment seeking out a head coaching job then fell flat on his face because he can only coach one scheme.

If we hired him he would spend more time polishing his resume than coaching just like he did his last season here. I mean, he would be missing games to sit in interviews with D2 schools on Saturdays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad the Great !!!!!

Sep 27, 2021, 11:38 AM

Seems he had two ""HEAD COACHING"" jobs since he left Clemson -- how'd that work out ????

He is one of the best high school coaches ,but college game was above his pay grade**

Sep 27, 2021, 11:45 AM

I feel like we have been running (obviously to a lesser degree each of the last few years) Chad's offense since he left... He could probably step in tomorrow and take over (which could only be an improvement at this point).

I don't remember even seeing a jet sweep this year (other than the one we faked this past Saturday). The Clemson offense has lived on getting to the outside and then (when it's not expected) busting a run up the gut for a long gainer. That came from the Chad and helped disguise weaknesses in the OL. We seem to have lost this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2021, 11:57 AM

I don"t think we could do worse. Pay elliott to stay home. We probably would do better. This is much worse than we realize. We have no leadership in game or on sidelines

0-3 in Williams Brice

Sep 27, 2021, 12:05 PM

and 1-4 all time against South Carolina, including a year at Auburn. So no....let's not bring him back.

That lone win was his only year with Deshaun. And Deshaun won that game.

Tis true, but many have a sorority girl attitude ...

Sep 27, 2021, 12:10 PM

"I don't care. He is not on my Christmas Card list and I do not like him. He does not talk nice ...".

Yes, swallow your pride and get him back. We NEED him.

And now the song !

https://youtu.be/TnrNV_7qc5M

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“he continually made adjustments” - no

Sep 27, 2021, 12:11 PM

I will admit he has A LOT of ore snap movement so maybe that is where the perceived adjustments came from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon he was GOOD and HE made the O Go !

Sep 27, 2021, 12:25 PM

Him and Dabo butted heads and then he gets offered a HC job. That's it. Dabo DID NOT think up the Offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic