Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Four thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

CFB Four thoughts

Dec 5, 2021, 6:29 PM

I know things -->

1 - Alabama -> I am a fan of Alabama football under Saban. As far as I know he runs a good program. Like all he may stretch a rule but does not break them. He is respectful of all teams.

2- Michigan -> Harbaugh has been a long time joke, but now has a team in the playoff. This program is as "blue blood" as any. A couple snowbirds moved into my area years back and flew that flag in Clemson Land. They were too embarrassed to fly it for a couple years but have them back up now.
That makes it hard for me to pull for Michigan.

3 - Georgia -> I believe Kirby has broken all recruiting rules knowing that NCAA enforcement is a joke now. I have many friends who are solid fans of UGA. I respect the fans, not Kirby. They do not deserve to win a game, but deserving does not enter in. They have a good team that was exposed not just by Alabama, but also by Clemson as even one "normal" Tiger offensive play would have won that day.

4 - Cincinnati -> have not kept up with them, but they seem to be worthy. They beat Notre Dame, and that put them in. I am kinda soured on all things Ohio due to the fact my Bride and my Mother-In-Law are from there. Over the years I have been amazed at how many Ohioans have moved South.
How do they even have enough folks left in the state to form a team?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Re: CFB Four thoughts

Dec 5, 2021, 6:33 PM

Michigan should have been #1.
Or Georgia #4.
But whatever. We aren’t in it. And it’s not like ESPN won’t keep shoveling the SEC propaganda even if we get a Michigan-Cincinnati final. They will never stop pimpin they hoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 5, 2021, 6:37 PM

I reread your post 5 times.

I have never heard anyone say they respect the uga fans.

This is coming from a dad who’s daughter recently graduated from there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 6:49 PM

I don't know "all" the fans, just a few who live in the north east part. That is a great place to live. The folks there are excellent!
The ones I know are solid folks. I will stand with them any day, just not their team of choice as I am a Tiger fan.

Congrats for your daughter. She has a degree that will be valued anywhere. You must be a great Pop to have helped her earn that. My hat is not just tipped to her, but to you.

the tug abides

Dec 5, 2021, 7:31 PM

To be honest, my comments on the UGA fan base is primarily based on my experience from the '80s when I was a student at Clemson.

The classmates my daughter introduced me to and their families that I met were also great people.

Still home their football team never wins a game...Coot game will always be a tossup for me.

Don't tell my daughter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 6:41 PM

Bama is going to destroy and I mean destroy Cincinnati.

Georgia will lose to Michigan by a field goal afther a late game interception by Bennett and Kirby will get heat all off season for not playing JT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby will get heat all off season for not playing JT.

Dec 5, 2021, 6:52 PM

UGA fans are livid Daniels was not in.

the tug abides

Seems like they could have gotten him in there

Dec 5, 2021, 7:06 PM

as a decoy like 4th and fields.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic