»
Topic: Can the Bravos break above .500 tonight for the first...
Replies: 11   Last Post: Aug 6, 2021, 2:16 AM by: DLWtiger
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus PawCoins!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Can the Bravos break above .500 tonight for the first...

emoji_events [5]
Aug 5, 2021, 8:32 PM

...time all season by sweeping the Cards? I'm ashamed to admit that I have wasted so many hours watching this frustrating team. But I still have a little hope. Only 2 games back of the Mets and played so poorly at times.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Some commenters use italics to indicate sarcasm, while others prefer the traditional ending of /s. Others eschew any indication of sarcasm as a dilution of wit. Before down voting somebody, ask yourself, "Could this be sarcasm?"

Re: Can the Bravos break above .500 tonight for the first...

emoji_events [5]
Aug 5, 2021, 8:39 PM

Kevin smith is worthless

2021 white level member flag link

[3]
Aug 5, 2021, 8:44 PM

I have no clue how that guy is a major league player. I’m even more perplexed why he’s playing over Contreras, who they sent to the minors instead of Smith.

flag link

[3]
Aug 5, 2021, 8:51 PM

Smith is there because "defense", and while the advanced metrics say he's good, the results say otherwise, lol. Contreras is pretty terrible behind the plate, too (and that's why he was sent down, really, not his bat), but at least he can run into one occasionally when he's at bat. Smith is an auto-out, and nowhere near as good defensively as they think he should be based on metrics....

Braves have a solid catcher in Mississippi, Shea Langeliers

[4]
Aug 5, 2021, 9:16 PM

Not sure why he hasn’t been given a shot. What they have in Smith and Vogt are horrible

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

[1]
Aug 6, 2021, 1:34 AM

I think half the people on here could hit better then Kevan Smith. At least one of us could run into a hanger and hit a double every now and then.

flag link

Aug 6, 2021, 1:52 AM

I can remember my first baseball season in little league, no matter what the coach said I tried to kill it on every pitch lol... I was always respectful but My brother had drilled “kill it” in my head for a couple years at this point...lol

I would hit a home run & strike out 2-3 times lol nothing in between. I learned to smack a ball but it took almost a whole season to change. The coach sat my butt on the bench about 7 games in so I got mad because I hit most of our Home runs but after another game of sitting I started listening to the coach. He had to explain to me why he needed me to get a base hit or bunt the ball of course I was 6-7 years old....lol

If my dad would have worked with me & explained the game more I would have been better but(I had a great dad but coaching wasn’t his thing) I took my coaching from my older brother until my uncle who was a great coach & athlete got involved.

Kevin Smith needs to calm down & play ball, he’s playing tight & that kills you in any sport. If he could play like he’s just enjoying the game he’d be ok.

I think these guys get to the majors & stop doing what got them there because they want to hit a home run so bad too.

“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 6, 2021, 2:16 AM

Sounds a lot like my dad. First time I played was T-Ball for one of his buddies teams. Only things I remember is dad discovered I batted left handed, the 3rd basemen peed on the field during the game, and a fight broke out between the coaches wife and mistress in the stands. Yeah my mom took me off the team. Lol Woodruff SC.

flag link

[2]
Aug 5, 2021, 8:42 PM

I’m with you man. It has been such a frustrating year, but they are right there in the standings.

I can’t wait for Travis d’arnaud is back because watching kevan smith hit has been maddening. The lineup will be pretty potent when he comes back and hopefully the bullpen keeps up their good work and doesn’t revert back to earlier season woes.

flag link

[3]
Aug 5, 2021, 9:21 PM

Let's hope. It has been a frustrating year, but considering all the injuries it is amazing that we are hanging in there for playoff contention. 2 of our best pitchers and 3 of our best 5 hitters out.

2021 orange level member flag link

Tied 2-2 now and the Mets lost

[2]
Aug 5, 2021, 9:45 PM

again- agree on the catcher situation/ they had a streak where neither guy could catch an outside pitch

military_donation.jpg flag link

So here we go 54-53...

[3]
Aug 5, 2021, 11:54 PM

...hopefully we've got a late season run in us.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Some commenters use italics to indicate sarcasm, while others prefer the traditional ending of /s. Others eschew any indication of sarcasm as a dilution of wit. Before down voting somebody, ask yourself, "Could this be sarcasm?"

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: Lower deck Section UL $80

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
784 people have read this post