Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cade on Riley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Cade on Riley

Mar 21, 2023, 1:18 PM

In his recent thoughts on the new offense, he talked about only running 30+ plays as opposed to the usual 70+ in a game. Also clarifying that it doesn’t matter if the defense knows the play because we’ll still beat them at it.

How do we expect Shipley and Mafah to be included? Only running 30 plays means a lot of downfield shots. It’ll be different to see for sure.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recognize an ICU and a football field may not be the most

Mar 21, 2023, 1:24 PM

comparable work settings, but….

I always teach new RNs I’m training that “you gotta go slow to go fast.”

With a new system in place to learn, perhaps it makes sense to get those plays down to expert level, then start building on them

I’m not worried at all

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

TCU ran on 42% of plays and threw on 58%

Mar 21, 2023, 2:02 PM

I expect a ratio much closer to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cade on Riley

Mar 21, 2023, 2:06 PM

I thought he was referring to the actual plays themselves not how many total plays are run in a game.

Although if that’s the case I find it hard to believe we ran 70 different plays in a game. They must have had about 60 different versions of tunnel screens…

Mar 21, 2023, 2:12 PM

In 2022 we ran 1053 total plays. Dividing that by 14 games played you get 75 plays per game. And I’m positive it was the same or maybe even more with TL and DW.

Regardless of amount of plays this next season though, there will certainly be more explosive attempts off the bat compared to how Elliot, Scott, and Streeter tried to build up to shots with screens and QB runs.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he means using 30 different plays...not 30 plays

Mar 21, 2023, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Cade on Riley ]

per game! How could anyone misinterpret that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2023, 2:15 PM

I think he was referring to only 30 plays in the playbook as opposed to 70. Not # of plays per game.

There is absolutely no way we actually had 70 plays last year

Mar 21, 2023, 2:18 PM

Run up the middle, screen pass gets blown up, QB draw on on 3rd and 12, punt .....

Re: There is absolutely no way we actually had 70 plays last year

Mar 21, 2023, 2:23 PM

The plays looked the same, but the alignments were different. That changes the name of the play, and our Offensive players were more worried about where they were lining up than the play being ran. That leads to inconsistency, missed blocks, dropped passes, botched handoffs, sacks, etc. basically what we saw with the last two years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2023, 3:05 PM

No, what he meant was we will be starting out by running only about 30 different play calls, repping them often in poractice so we are very proficient, and then using those 30 basic plays to run about 70 total plays per game - that was the gist of what he said!

They aren't saying they are only going to run 30 plays a

Mar 21, 2023, 3:32 PM

game only that instead of 80 plays on the call sheet they are only going to have 30 plays but they'll have different variations off of each play and call each plays multiple times we'll run a ton of plays over the length of an entire game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They aren't saying they are only going to run 30 plays a

Mar 21, 2023, 6:22 PM

So 2000 plays in one game. Wow the defenses are going to be really tired. I’m hoping we have enough depth on offense to run 2000 plays in one game or our offensive players are not going to practice for a few days afterwards.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2023, 8:26 PM

Back in the day, Coach Ford had about 10 plays: four runs to the left, four to the right, one screen pass and one downfield throw (just in case of emergency)

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic