Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BV is too honorable of a guy to slow play this and still
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

BV is too honorable of a guy to slow play this and still

Dec 2, 2021, 2:06 PM

recruit for Clemson. I think if he is/was the front runner and was going to take the OU job an announcement would've already been made. I think the fact that we haven't heard anything says he's already told them thank you for the interest and OU is just waiting until after Saturday's championship game to announce that it's Fickel or Lanning.
Why would you keep hemorrhaging recruits if you are OU and Venables was going to be the Coach?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: BV is too honorable of a guy to slow play this and still

Dec 2, 2021, 2:10 PM

You make sense.

But, in the coaching carousel too many things happen that don't make sense.

Me? It makes more sense to me for OU to hire Lane Kiffin or Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell. It makes sense that Kiffin and Campbell would take the job in a nanosecond.

But, what do I know?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2021, 2:15 PM

Lane Kiffin fits the program.

Or he's not the top choice

Dec 2, 2021, 2:16 PM

OU knows he wants the job, has been reported as such at most Clemson outlets that are plugged in. They could easily have already interviewed him and are now interviewing guys that have games this weekend (Fickell, Lanning, etc.) and know that they can come back to Venables and he would likely take the job.

If it was already a "done deal" then he most certainly wouldn't be on the road recruiting for Clemson but he could very well still be going through the process.

Also I think OU is smart enough to know the stats on Early Signing Period transition classes from an external hire (hint: they've all stunk) and know that getting the right guy is infinitely better than getting a guy quickly to stop a handful of recruits from jumping ship that were probably going to jump ship anyway whether in this cycle or through the portal in a year or two.

Re: Or he's not the top choice

Dec 2, 2021, 2:23 PM

Also, as we have learned over the years (Tommy Bowden), coaches use this type of attention to ramp up raises in their salaries to keep them. Bowden was a professional at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2021, 2:39 PM

I haven't believed that BV was going anywhere from the minute all the BS started with the BV going here or there. I have always took BV at his word bc he is the type of man that his word just means more than it do to the unethical type. And that he, and his family was very happy at Clemson, and that he was happy with Dabo as boss, and he wasn't interested in a head coaching job, and that he didn't want all that went along with being a HC in his life.

BV has also stated that he made more than enough money to take good care of his family, and that he hated the idea of drastic changes in his life, and all things that becoming a HC would bring into his life. He then said, (and I'll quote him) I'm a loyal kind of guy, and as long as he was comfortable and happy at Clemson, his loyalty would remain with Dabo and Clemson, I believe that he meant every word!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic