Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell has to go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Brownell has to go

Dec 4, 2021, 2:16 PM

How many other power 5 coaches have a 9 point lead with under 5:00 and almost lose by 7? It has happened on multiple occasions now. I wish I could stink at a job and keep getting paid more and more and then get paid a ton when I eventually get fired for stinking at the most crucial part of the game (last 5 minutes). It's time for the basketball program to take some steps forward instead of treading water since rick Barnes left....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy to tell you care a lot about this. 13 posts in 13 years

Dec 4, 2021, 2:20 PM

on the TNets?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easy to tell you care a lot about this. 13 posts in 13 years

Dec 4, 2021, 2:26 PM

Usually like reading all the articles but yes, I do feel strongly on this one. I love college basketball and we will never be a very good team at this rate. It has been a long, long time of watching these poor results (turnovers, bad free throw shooting, chucking countless 3s, and just overall stupidity such as 6 guys on the court). Brownell is a mid major coach. He should go back to the mid majors where he can be more successful and be replaced by someone that can hang with the big boys on a consistent basis...

Would you rather read 76 posts a day…

Dec 4, 2021, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Easy to tell you care a lot about this. 13 posts in 13 years ]

from idiots who talk a lot and say little? Sure seems like TigerNet already has plenty of those. Or people whose only posts are to criticize others for posting an opinion they disagree with yet offering nothing of substance to refute?

TigerNet was great when I joined in 1995. I contributed for years. Now it’s mostly a nonsensical waste of time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell

Dec 4, 2021, 3:57 PM

He was just rewarded with a 2 year extension that pays 3 million per year for the final two years that runs though 2026. You get a raise and an extension when the administration is pleased with your performance. Stated another way, he's in for the long haul and will be coaching Clemson to mediocrity for many years to come. Win's and losses, attendance, and unhappy fans have proven to have no impact on this position so I would certainly assume it stays the course as opposed to another costly premature buyout.

I take no offense at your obvious barb. The TNets has this

Dec 4, 2021, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Would you rather read 76 posts a day… ]

great feature called the Ignore button. Feel free to use it where my posts are concerned with no hard feelings from me. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lost that feature…

Dec 4, 2021, 4:18 PM

when I stopped contributing. As for any “barb”, intended or not, well… all I can say is if the shoe fits, wear it. I wasn’t thinking of you specifically. It seems that you more often respond to others’ posts than start scores of your own each day.

I’ll give you a clear example: a certain poster took it upon himself to post about 15-20 mid-game updates on the Baylor/OKSt game this afternoon. As if we all hadn’t seen those things for ourselves. THAT is an example of the mindless crap I that I get tired of wading through, trying to find something worth reading and talking about.

Go back and read my response to you again without taking it personally. Do you really disagree?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easy to tell you care a lot about this. 13 posts in 13 years

Dec 4, 2021, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Easy to tell you care a lot about this. 13 posts in 13 years ]

Nothing he said is wrong. He makes a great point, don't give a #### how many about the Tigernet point ########.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic