Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell and co’s chances in the dean dome
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Brownell and co’s chances in the dean dome

Feb 8, 2023, 12:32 PM

I’ve heard this team’s motto is “no limits.” So what’s it gonna be? Is picking up the dub impossible? Or inevitable? No hedging and placing statistics or probabilities on it. Let’s keep it pure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell and co’s chances in the dean dome

Feb 8, 2023, 12:40 PM

A win in chapel hill on Saturday is not impossible.

I hope this helps.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, very helpful***

Feb 8, 2023, 12:54 PM

Feb 8, 2023, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell and co’s chances in the dean dome ]

Also not probable as the Heels have lost 3 straight games and this is Clemson's first trip to Chapel Hill since the historic win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does them losing their last three games make them likely to win?

Feb 8, 2023, 3:43 PM

Why does us winning there last time make us likely to lose?

The logic here is amazing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why does them losing their last three games make them likely to win?

Feb 8, 2023, 3:51 PM

Hey, wish them the best .. that loss at BC comes to mind when we didn’t score for half the game. Hopefully the rest will turn things around.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously just don’t understand sports

Feb 8, 2023, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Why does them losing their last three games make them likely to win? ]

Logic has nothing to do with it. Keep it pure

Does us losing our last two make us likely to win?

Feb 8, 2023, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Why does them losing their last three games make them likely to win? ]

I'm sure Brad will have us ready to go after a week of rest and game planning, right?

The logic is that, historically, UNC is a really good team; and coming off two losses, on the road, to in-state teams (one being Duke) we better be prepared for the best a pi$$ed off UNC has. Historically that has not been in our favor. We shall see

this team is gonna surprise everyone and beat the livin crap out of the

Feb 8, 2023, 12:50 PM

tarholes. with grit and surprisingly successful plays that Brad draws up on the fly after accurately assessing UNC’s tactical weaknesses and pitting them against our strengths. it will be a thing of beauty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This is what i meant by keeping it pure

Feb 8, 2023, 12:54 PM

Thanks for playing

The Tar Heels have lost 3 in a row. Tigers should win this

Feb 8, 2023, 12:55 PM

one handily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 12:56 PM

I'm sure the Tarheels will right their ship just in time for the Tiger visit. They always do. Some UNC player will set a record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 1:02 PM

Our healthy and rested squad will be ready. Now that the streak there has been broken (Thanks, Brad!), it's just another road game. PJ will be fired up and put in a great performance. Chase Hunter will show out alongside and look like an NBA prospect. RJ Godfrey will start showing a few more shades of KJ McDaniels with his inside game and defense. The Brad Whisperer (aka Billy Donlon) will work his magic.

Tigers by 6.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad whisperer is the difference

Feb 8, 2023, 1:45 PM

Love it

20% chance.***

Feb 8, 2023, 1:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fighting the urge to td

Feb 8, 2023, 1:46 PM

So impure

Feb 8, 2023, 1:08 PM

So you're telling me there's a chance!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 1:16 PM

a snowballs chance

Feb 8, 2023, 1:19 PM

When do they announce the starters at referee? That more than anything defines the mountain the Tigers will have to climb.

Feb 8, 2023, 2:11 PM

You didn't hear... it's referee reunion day in Chapel Hill. The crew will be formed by a current, Jaime Luckie and 2 former, Lenny Wertz, Frank Scagliotta with Mike Wood doing the replay review for hard fouls!

I'd say it's a toss-up...

Feb 8, 2023, 1:41 PM

UNCheat is 4 - 4 over is last eight games and is currently in the midst of a three game losing streak including last nights beat down by Wake Forest. Of course, Clemson certainly hasn't looked like a world beater themselves lately. Eliminate the stupid turnovers and long scoring droughts, and Clemson will have a chance to win. If the team plays like it did at BC a week ago, I'd say a win is unlikely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Such ambivalence will not be tolerated!

Feb 8, 2023, 1:48 PM

Free your mind from these conditional statements and dwell in a world of certainty with us on this tnet thread!

Looking at the remaining schedule...

Feb 8, 2023, 1:50 PM

trying to be somewhat objective and temper expectations, I have the UNCheat game down as a loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet

Feb 8, 2023, 2:17 PM

you got charlottesville and raleigh games as losses too, eh? 14-6, 5 seed in acct, win one acct game, 23-10 last 4 in, win a play in game, lose in round of 64?

Wait, ah! I said no limits! See what you made me do?!

After the debacle at BC...

Feb 8, 2023, 2:21 PM

we need to steal one of the likely road losses (at UNC, at NC State and at UVa), and then hold serve at home.

If we're able to do that, and that's a big if, with two Quad 4 losses and one Quad 3 loss, I think we're still on the outside looking in without winning at least two in the ACCT and that still might not be enough.

This is the best chance Clemson has ever had

Feb 8, 2023, 2:01 PM

and probably the best chance we will ever have. But it won't be enough - Chapel Hill is a lot tougher than Chestnut Hill and you saw how that turned out. UNC starts a new home win streak sadly. Hope I eat crow!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the best chance Clemson has ever had

Feb 8, 2023, 3:34 PM

Chestnut Hill's toughness or lack thereof had nothing to do with the loss up there. Chapel Hole may be a factor but I think this team can ignore that and win

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is on a 3 game skid and I fear we will be the

Feb 8, 2023, 2:18 PM

Cure for what ails them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carolina looked awful last night.

Feb 8, 2023, 2:18 PM

We will prevail because Brad knows his job depends on it. Time for results. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Feb 8, 2023, 2:27 PM

Well, ESPN's "analytics" only give us a 25% chance to win. But they also gave us a 60% chance to beat Miami and 70% chance to beat BC before that. So, with that information, I'm going the complete opposite of what ESPN says and I'll say 75% chance of a W.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 3:09 PM

UNC hasn't looked very good lately and really stunk last night. However, we'll probably make them look like the Lakers of the 80's on Saturday. With one of their guys, we've never heard of going off for around 25 points.

Feb 8, 2023, 4:52 PM

In my mind everything in the World says we lose, so I will pull a Seinfeld and go with the opposite and say we will win.

Feb 8, 2023, 5:58 PM

I wouldn’t bet a nickel on this game either way.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 8, 2023, 6:02 PM

Zero. I suspect 4 of our 5 starters already have 3 fouls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic