Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breaking Down Clemson's Offense (2020)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Breaking Down Clemson's Offense (2020)

Apr 19, 2021, 3:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTgUPpH8rU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breaking Down Clemson's Offense (2020)

Apr 19, 2021, 4:34 PM

Very good summary of the basic O.

Hopefully, when we run power, this year's TEs will make the kick-out blocks in the and the weak side pulling guard will do his job.

Re: Looks Like A Definite Change Has To Happen Now ---

Apr 19, 2021, 5:09 PM

Thanks Tony C...I'm sure they will be completely trashing those plays and formations you just dissected. Or of course they will use another formation and run it out of that.... Lol.

It's going to be interesting to see what role the Tight-ends will play now that Elliott is heading that unit this year. It seems that they will look to having that most consistent explosive running back...put him in there with hopefully a much much improved blocking scheme...and open opposing defenses up this coming season with our receivers while often slip in and out those tight-ends and running backs in the flats. This takes full advantage of DJ's quick release. I think that our 3 and 4 wide receiver sets are the most deadliest against defenses especially if the receivers are able to be pancaking defenders. Everything will have to be better in the trenches offensively especially in the run game... to clear up that interior congestion in order to compete with the constant elites in the games with high stakes.

Re: Looks Like A Definite Change Has To Happen Now ---

Apr 19, 2021, 5:49 PM

If I understand your post correctly, you're suggesting that because the basic plays were explained, our opponents will now be ready to stop them.

I don't think that there's a defensive coach among any of our opponents that doesn't understand those basic plays and already know what we run and how we run them. As an example, when a team runs power, it's the same concept for anyone and most any type of offense. It's only a matter of who kicks out on the EMOL and who pulls into or lead-blocks into the hole (can be OG, motion TE/WR, QB or FB).

I think our run game problem has been a lack of OL power blocking due to our opponents recognizing what we're running and our inability to work our will on opponents.

So, imo - we don't need a new blocking scheme - we just need to develop the talent we have to execute the play as designed. Blocking is as much "want to" as anything. On that idea, I think we agree.

Based on some of the OL comments recently, they know they got worked last year in several games and I do believe they would like to correct that. And yes, the TE position has a lot to do with it, but it's on the OTs and OGs as well. They've got to get nastier than the D they're playing.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic