Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breakdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 873

Breakdown

Oct 24, 2021, 2:52 PM

Please bear in mind, this is not an official count. On runs, Center or Up the middle includes things that started outside and went inside and started

inside and then went outside the tackle box and then went inside. Pass incompletions included the acursed screen with one blocker against 2 defenders and the blocker hit no one(Dude at least hit one)

Throws left complete 7
Throws left incomplete 7

Throws Center complete 1
Throws Center incomplete 2

Throws Right Complete 6
Thows Right Incomplete 6

Runs left side 2
Runs Center 27
Runs right side 1

The ints were
1 center-shuffle
1 right to Ross

Fumbles-1 DJ we recovered

With 7:56 left, the defense could not get off the field. It appeared they were tired and getting beat

Overall
29 throws
30 Runs
Hey at least we were balanced

Out of 10 possessions
5 Punts
2 TDs
1 FG-TP at QB

DRops: Roughly 9 0r 10 -varies to how you classify some bad throws versus flat out drops
Incompletions from poor throws around 5 or 6

As I said this may not be completely accurate and the classification of left right and center would vary based on how you saw it but the general distribution is accurate by my classifications.

The most glaring thing to me is the lack of throws over the middle. I don't know what the thinking was there and I have no basis for comparison with Trevor. Maybe the percentages of contested catches is better to the outside. I am still at a loss for the lack of slant plays. It also seemed that pass plays took forever as in the routes were way too long, IMHO. Seems slants would be easier throws with a higher completion rate or throws over the middle having a receiver or TE sitting down behind the linebackers.. I know it's done against us with a high level of success

I don't know if the lack of runs to the sides-which were generally losses or no gains- was due to lack of speed, poor blocking of the OL, poor blocking by receivers (seemed epidemic) or all of those items.

It would be interesting to know how many negative plays were from bad reads, how many positive plays were from good reads and how many negative plays
were from bad blocking. My guess is that they were evenly distributed but that is just a guess.

My summary is just from my perspective is that we must run block much better going inside
We must have some fear of throwing over the middle-or other reason
Both Int's were on the QB-no deflections resulting in picks.
Shippley's drop hurt but it was just one play out of roughly 60

I've no coaching background. Just a layperson telling you what I saw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breakdown

Oct 24, 2021, 2:58 PM

Please, our fan base is more than sick enough by just seeing the score, breaking it down is more than cruel and unusual punishment!!!!:( :( ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breakdown

Oct 24, 2021, 3:32 PM

The lack of throws over the middle is because with an unthinking QB that can’t see defenders right in front of him, the result would be a turnover machine.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

pass breakdown

Oct 24, 2021, 4:10 PM

Ross 8 targets 5 catch 11.8 avg
Ajou 4 targets 1 catch avg 36yrd
B Collins 10 targets 5 catch avg 4.6yrd
W brown 1 targets 1 catch avg 12yrd
K pace 1 targets 1 catch 9 avg
D Allen 2 targets 1 catch avg 7yrd
W Shipley 2 targets 1 catch 5 avg
B Galloway 1 targets 0 catch 0avg

We're NOT utilizing the middle and we're not using our backs to catch like we should. Only 3 tight end targets... And Galloway shouldn't have even gotten one. Seems to me DJ was locked in on his former bud Collins with his alligator arms.

I'd love to see more breakdown like yours. Will Brown must have gotten hurt. He had 1 targeted pass for 12 yards. No more targets. Never saw stellato? Why? Put maffah and pace both in and put ship in the slot. Yeah, he missed one, but he'll catch more than he misses.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Clemgalalways®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 873
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic